AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi folks,

I have a Pioneer vsx-72txv that works well.  I bought it last year used and really enjoy it. By nature I am a 2 channel stereo nut so I have a whole seperate 2 channel set up.  I really am only a beginner when it comes to home theater receivers.  I either read somewhere or was told that since I only use 5.1 on my system and since it is a 7.1 receiver, that In can reroute the power from the rear surround amp to my front amp thus increasing my wattage to the front speakers. I would really like to do this but need advice on how to do this.  One other thing I want to do is to set up a seperate stereo system where my home theater is but with large advent speakers and an adcom GFA-5400 amp that I recently bought.  Can I use the Pioneer h/t/ as a preamp? while bypassing ther amp section of the pioneer and only using the pre-amp section?

thank you for any help

scott

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe316  /t/1524114/pioneer-elite-vsx-72txv-question#post_24524029

I either read somewhere or was told that since I only use 5.1 on my system and since it is a 7.1 receiver, that In can reroute the power from the rear surround amp to my front amp

True.
Quote:
thus increasing my wattage to the front speakers.

Not so true. Actually passive biamplification doesn't accomplish anything but add complexity to your system. You will get no audible improvement from it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I missing something in my interpretation of this process? Ive seen it mentioned in a few different forums....I took it that if you were not using the rears surround amplifiers that in the elite's settings you could reallocate the output to the other active outputs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts