AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has a release date been anounced for this reciever yet ?

Does anyone have any news ?

I asked at Pioneers websight but all I got for an answer was that they were going to send me a new Catalog :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
wait till cedia

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Sm
wait till cedia

When is that ?

And I can't read what your signature says :confused: Did you misspell all those words :eek:

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
This question has been asked and anwered at least 10 times in other threads..

Pioneer is saying the 72TX and the 74TXi will be shipped by early September.. The CEDIA is held the 2nd week in Indianapolis..

Next question.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,260 Posts

Pioneer is saying the 72TX and the 74TXi will be shipped by early September.. The CEDIA is held the 2nd week of September in Indianapolis..

·
Registered
12,260 Posts

Pioneer is saying the 72TX and the 74TXi will be shipped by early September.. The CEDIA is held the 2nd week of September in Indianapolis..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code

Well since I don't live on this forum those questions and answers were not seen by me. Sorry :)

Question #2 : If this question bothered you so much why even answer it ? Or do you like looking like an ass ?

Sorry that was Two questions :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
"This question has been asked and anwered at least 10 times in other threads.."

And so what if it has been? Is it so hard to just anwser a question without going off the deep end? Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:

I always hate it when I see that response in a forum. simply rude.

·
Registered
14,751 Posts

drunkonjack said:
Has a release date been anounced for this reciever yet ?

I was at Tweeter in Portsmouth, NH last week and the salesmen I was talking to looked up the 74txvi and it showed 44 units arriving on 8-26.

Bill

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
While I agree with the rudeness of the response, I see his point as well. If someone does spend alot of time here, it gets ridiculous to see the same question asked over and over. If a simple search is not done 1st to try and locate teh answer, its just as rude on teh OP's part...half the traffic on this site would be eliminated if a search was done b4 asking the same question over and over...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCarncross
While I agree with the rudeness of the response, I see his point as well. If someone does spend alot of time here, it gets ridiculous to see the same question asked over and over. If a simple search is not done 1st to try and locate teh answer, its just as rude on teh OP's part...half the traffic on this site would be eliminated if a search was done b4 asking the same question over and over...
As I ststed , I don't spend a lot of time here and never seen those questions & answers . I would have done a search if I could figure out how............still can't find that option.

So..........Sorry again for upsetting you guys for asking a question that has been asked before. But it seems that if it bothers you so much just pass it by rather than post how bothers you so much.

I always thought this place would be a source of information and help from others but it seems some are just to uptight :rolleyes:

Life is to short to let the little things bother you .

Thanks for the ones that have answered my nagging question though :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Personally, I've found that the search doesn't work all that well. First, a lot of times it says, "Sorry, the load's too high, you can't search." Second, a lot of times posts are burried in threads and it's tough to find them. Third, a lot of times people use abbreviations and it's tough to find (for example, do I search for VSX-74TXi? 74TXi? VSX74TXi?).

It's easier to ignore the question than it is to flame the questioner.

CW

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I agree the rudeness was not called for and the question legitimate. Off topic a little but let me share my stupid question story with you all.

A few years back my brother in law and myself were avid spelunkers. For those of you not so subterranean, spelunker means cave explorer. Well, in December on a Friday afternoon we decided to push as far as we could into Sullivans cave in southern Indiana as we ever had. We had food, beer of course, sleeping bags and carbide lights. We kept going further in until we were ready to call it a night and bed down for sleep. Neither one of us had worn a watch to our amazement! :rolleyes:

If you have ever been miles into a cave and not in a large group you know how dark and how quiet things are when the lights go out and you hear or see nothing. As close to being deceased as you can get! Sooooo.. we slept until we felt refreshed and on Saturday morning continued our journey further in.

Saturday comes to a close and we sleep again. The next morning we push for a very long day for a return to the entrance where we came in 2 days earlier. ;)

Believing we made good time we were surprised to find it was dark when we exited the cave! We loaded into the car, tired and covered with mud and drove until we found a convenience store for gas and refreshments. We entered the store and the clerk looked a little weary of our appearance. We asked the clerk what time of day it was? He exclaimed 7:10. OK, hmmm..? Is that 7:10 AM or PM we asked. :rolleyes: He takes a step back and says ahhh that is 7:10 AM. :eek: Ok, we thought that is weird it should be PM on Sunday.

Since this is winter 7:10 could be dark in the AM and PM. So we ask what day is it? He says it is the 20th. No, we ask what day of the week is it? By this time the clerk is getting visibly worried of our presence. He says Monday!? :eek:

Wow! we lost a whole day in the dark! Now were the questions we asked stupid? Maybe so, but to us they were very important and prompted us to call our wives before they launched a search for us.

What I learned from this is be careful how and where you ask questions and by all means wear a watch if you plan on going into world of no sensory stimulus for a few days so you can tell when it is time to come back to the living!

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkonjack
Well since I don't live on this forum those questions and answers were not seen by me. Sorry :)

Question #2 : If this question bothered you so much why even answer it ? Or do you like looking like an ass ?

Sorry that was Two questions :D
Jack..

My response answered your 2 questions..

Normally I would not say anything further but...

since the whole gang jumped in.. and concluded my response as rude..

I felt it necessary to answer back directly.. and not sift through a pile of comments made by the other guys..

There are at least 4 active threads on the new Pioneer Elite AVRs, and quite a bit of schedule and technical details have been discussed. I do have the enitire Pioneer technical pacakge so if you have further questions...

Post these and we will try to fill in the blanks..

If my original response came across as rude to you then my humblest apolgizees.. :)

Or else I would not have taken the time to reply..

As we have enough wise guys out there.. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Quote:
...half the traffic on this site would be eliminated if a search was done b4 asking the same question over and over...
And you myself and others would have nothing to respond too. The internet is growing by leaps and bounds. People are getting into HT like never before, and as the OP stated he hasn't figured the search option out. Some people have just goto learn to keep their nose out of other peoples business. Which will never happen.

To answer the OP question, I was in my dealer shop today and he doesn't have a firm date on delivery yet. Best answer he could give was early fall. He did have the new Denon 4600 which look nice and cost a **** load.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
There are at least 4 active threads on the new Pioneer Elite AVRs, and quite a bit of schedule and technical details have been discussed. I do have the enitire Pioneer technical pacakge so if you have further questions...

Post these and we will try to fill in the blanks..
Not a flame, so don't take it that way...

How about instead of saying, "There are at least 4 active threads," why not post links? It'll help the OP, as well as people who search and find this thread a month or two from now. I hate doing a search and seeing a response of "it's covered in another thread," but I can't find that thread anymore. :)

I looked at the subject lines for the first few pages of the forum, but couldn't find one that talks about this receiver...

CW

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
the thing is all you have to do is skip over it. I'm here everyday and am a user of the search function. But it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
If one cannot be helpful let someone else be.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.