AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there is very little information on these units at the moment, but a few people already have them. I have the 74 on order but I got to wondering if I really shouldn't go after the 72. It's $300 less expensive and the differences as far as I can tell are the following:

VSX-74TXVi ADDS

* iLink

* extra digital audio output

* USB port

* XM capabilty for zone 2

* extra 10 wpc

I guess the big feature there is iLink. In my case this receiver will be used about 80% for HT with a HDMI DVD player. My thought was that I would use HDMI for audio transport. Would there be a substantial advantage to using iLink instead? Also, what would that USB port be used for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If your DVD player has i.Link with PQLS you'll get better audio quality through i.Link than HDMI. Also, if you are into SACD, i.Link will carry all formats of digital audio but the current HDMI will not carry SACD.

The USB port is for connecting to a PC allowing you to stream 2-channel audio from your PC through your receiver.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Monty.

Nw, I believe both models have the iPod connection, but I'm not completely sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the new 72tvx sitting here at home and i can tell you that there is definitely a ipod connector port on the back of it [the only thing missing is the connector cable, which i assume one has to buy from pioneer or your local dealer separately]. I believe that i posted a question in regards to the differences between the 72 and the 74 in the pioneer questions thread, and how the extra ten watts per channel is achieved in the 74 but i have not received any sort of solid response yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz2yx9
Yep. I just checked the other thread - post #114. Chris, the Pioneer rep, said the iPod cables are supposed to be included.
Interesting, I think i am going to go through my box again just to be sure that i am not missing anything. I have yet to set up the receiver as i am waiting for my basement to be completed in the next week or two.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In reading that response from Chris, it almost sounds like they forgot to include the cables and they're holding up shipment of the remainder of the units until they come in. Maybe you got a unit that shipped without the cable.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Chris told me that the first shipment of the new Elites were sent without cables because they weren't ready yet. You will be able to get them when they are available.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ferrari192 and Monty -

Did either of you figure out how to get the iPod cable? Mine is missing as well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.