AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help! I'm some what of newbie and am having a problem getting my two in-ceiling kitchen speakers to run independently from my home theater speaker with the VSX-92TXH. I currently have the two kitchen speakers hooked up to the additional surrounds and would like to be able to play music off my PS3 through the kitchen speakers and not have the theater speakers in my living room going. Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes, you can listen to Zone 2 without the main theater zone being on.

First, the PS3 has to be connected with analog audio cables in order for sound to pass through the 92 to its Zone 2 outputs. It will not take an incoming digital or HDMI signal and route them there.

If your kitchen speakers are connected to the surround back speaker terminals on the 92, make sure that you have assigned the surround back amp to Zone 2 duties (page 39).

Further, if you do not have a separate volume control installed for the kitchen speakers, make sure the multi-zone output in the 92 is set to variable (page 69).

Lastly, follow the directions for Zone 2 operation from either the front panel or remote control (pages 60-61).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
542 Posts
That's a big one! Analog audio is a must for Zone 2 applications. You may have to connect the PS3 with both the supplied analog a/v cable as well HDMI. When running Zone 2, reconfigure the PS3 to output over the analog a/v cable and when using the main theater zone configure the PS3 to output over HDMI. This is the only workaround that I can tell from quickly looking at the PS3 guide online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts