AVS Forum banner

Which receiver would you choose?

• Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denon 2809CI

• Something else. (Specify in the thread)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating between 2 receivers, a lightly used and local Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH and a new Denon 2809.

The big thing that I can see that I'm missing with the Pioneer is Audyssey, but I was really looking forward to having that on my next receiver. I'm guessing the Pioneer will have better amps. Is there other stuff worth having that I would be missing out on with the older Pioneer?

Both receivers will cost about the same. The Pioneer is a little less. My budget is around $1000.

These will be driving V2 Paradigm Studios if it matters.

Which would you choose?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't know much about the Dennon, but I have had the 94-txh for about a month now and I can't tell you how happy I am with the audio. After I first hooked it up, I sat down and listened to the neural radio with 5 channels and no sub hooked up yet. I was almost brought to tears (spending the past year on the basement may have helped that too).

The sound setup (MCACC or something?) worked very well. It seems to pass video quite well. SD still looks eh...but I am not sure too many receivers can do much with that.

So ya...94 TXH...great receiver.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9volt /forum/post/14319551

I'm debating between 2 receivers, a lightly used and local Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH and a new Denon 2809.

The big thing that I can see that I'm missing with the Pioneer is Audyssey, but I was really looking forward to having that on my next receiver. I'm guessing the Pioneer will have better amps. Is there other stuff worth having that I would be missing out on with the older Pioneer?

Both receivers will cost about the same. The Pioneer is a little less. My budget is around $1000.

These will be driving V2 Paradigm Studios if it matters.

Which would you choose?

I have owned a couple Pio Elites a 74 and 84, they are good AVR's, however MCACC is not in the same league as Audyssey besides you get DEQ and DVOL which really need to be heard to appreciate(unless everything you listen to reference or louder --yikes)

Go with Denon you won't regret it once you set it up and try it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts