AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
What the heck is going on here? The x30 models still don't have ATSC (digital) tuners??!! So a separate STB is still necessary?

Funny how none of x30 feedback comments that I've read have made any mention of that.

I'm considering replacing a 710 with the 730, but the differences in features and specifications are just not very compelling.

Am I missing something?

Jonathan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Before I bought my 730, I was considering both the Hitachi XWX and the Mitsubishi Diamond series. To me, the XWX has a better picture than the Mits, but the ATSC tuner is poorly integrated into the set. I won't go into detail on this as it has been covered extensively in other threads. My point is that the tuner integration problem got me thinking about whether a built in tuner was really worth the price premium that goes with it. Having the tuner in a separate box allows for much easier upgrading in the future when new technologies come along.

In the end, I decided that the Elite, with its great picture, two DVI inputs, variety of stretch modes and level of user tweakability was the best fit for me.

Boot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.