AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 6 year old FPJ1 that I bought new. It has functioned flawlessly until a couple of months ago when the settings on the PJ would not save. It is permanently mounted to the ceiling and always plugged in. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

Chad

Reactions: EmmaDarknet

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have ideas? I sure could use some help, thank you!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I also have this projector. I bought it via the special $2600 buy vs $9000. It seems like I have had it longer than 6yrs though. I have not had issues with it yet but a few times a year my Pioneer BD player gives me problems. Can you explain exactly what settings are dropping? I'm just a consumer, but my experience with electronics tell me it is possibly a board problem. Whenever that happens, the cost to repair is not worth it in most cases.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response! Sorry this is so late, I have been out of town for the past 10 days. Basically all of my settings get returned to factory. Things like lamp power, color, contrast, brightness etc all go back to the original settings after I have them adjusted. I also bought mine during the closeout sale. Maybe that was more than 6 years ago, can't really remember. I still feel the picture this PJ throws is still quite satisfying so I hate to have to upgrade at this point but I really need the settings to save.

Could this have anything to do with a lamp? I have 1250 hours on the original lamp.

Thanks again for any suggestions or thoughts!

Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts