AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Pioneer's 9g sets not to be released till this fall, how long will the existing 8g sets be available? Do they usually keep production right up till the new models arrive? What has been their policy in the past? Thinking about pulling trigger on an 8g set, but would kinda like to know the skinny on 9g's. Since price won't be announced till May (I think) I was wondering if by then it would be to late to snag an 8g model if in fact I decide to go that route.

·
Registered
19,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovetails /forum/post/12901045

With Pioneer's 9g sets not to be released till this fall, how long will the existing 8g sets be available? Do they usually keep production right up till the new models arrive? What has been their policy in the past? Thinking about pulling trigger on an 8g set, but would kinda like to know the skinny on 9g's. Since price won't be announced till May (I think) I was wondering if by then it would be to late to snag an 8g model if in fact I decide to go that route.

The production lines change model years around the end of March/beginning of April.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think to your point....the question is how long will the 768p units be available. I would imagine we'll see the 1080p units for some time to Roman's point (you can still buy a few of the 60" 7G models today). I'm thinking however that we're seeing 'close' to closeout pricing on the 768p units now.

Earlier press releases stated that Pioneer was closing the 768p plant. I wonder when specifically that did/will happen.

·
Registered
19,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc6035 /forum/post/12902086

I think to your point....the question is how long will the 768p units be available. I would imagine we'll see the 1080p units for some time to Roman's point (you can still buy a few of the 60" 7G models today). I'm thinking however that we're seeing 'close' to closeout pricing on the 768p units now.

Earlier press releases stated that Pioneer was closing the 768p plant. I wonder when specifically that did/will happen.

They are not closing the a plant. They are changing the lines over....specifically those lines are suppose to be used for the first 9G Kuros.

If you want a 768p Kuro, I would not hesitate to pick up one now.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/12902155

They are not closing the a plant. They are changing the lines over....specifically those lines are suppose to be used for the first 9G Kuros.

If you want a 768p Kuro, I would not hesitate to pick up one now.

Thank you for the heads up D, guess i'll have to make up my mind on this years units sooner than I hoped. Kinda ironic in that I was in no big rush to make a final decision on a set right this moment (hence ... hoping to get enough time to see new 9g line & pricing) but, I would also be disappointed to loose an opportunity to snag an 8g 768p now, (IF) the new Pio's come out priced a little out of my budget (to which the current 1080p units are now) .... so much for 'no big rush on decision' now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts