AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been agonizing over purchasing a new TV to replace my 27" standard and I am certain just about anything I get will blow me away but I don't want to waste my money. I have been doing a lot of research and I know Kuro sets were the king of plasma but is that still the case?


I've found a place where they are being sold pretty cheap and I just can't pull the trigger on it. Is there a reason I should be hesitant?


Additionally I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere. I'm a little new to this forum thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
absolutely not. If the price is good, be happy, you're the new owner of the best consumer television (monitor technically) ever produced
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Where did you find it in stock??



If your not going to buy it i know many people that would.


PM sent on where i can find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk4z1 /forum/post/18227048


I've found a place where they are being sold pretty cheap and I just can't pull the trigger on it. Is there a reason I should be hesitant?

If it is an online vendor, check them out first. There are a few scams out there.

If they list an address, you can also use Google maps to see if it really exists, or if it is a mailbox forwarding service, etc.


If it's legit, then jump.


...karl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Viper ll /forum/post/18227152


absolutely not. If the price is good, be happy, you're the new owner of the best consumer television (monitor technically) ever produced


I do understand it is a monitor (so no speakers or stand) but is that the only difference? I can live without both of those but if it's missing the ability to actually display TV shows or something I may reconsider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk4z1 /forum/post/18227241


I do understand it is a monitor (so no speakers or stand) but is that the only difference? I can live without both of those but if it's missing the ability to actually display TV shows or something I may reconsider.

Haha, no worries, as long as you have a cable box that is. Do some reading in the owner's thread, it'll do a world of good I'm sure
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk4z1 /forum/post/18227241


I do understand it is a monitor (so no speakers or stand) but is that the only difference? I can live without both of those but if it's missing the ability to actually display TV shows or something I may reconsider.

The specific differences are in the Comparison thread. If you're comfortable with the price and the vendor (ideally they're an authorized Elite dealer) the 50" Pioneer monitors are still the best consumer display you can buy and the arguably the best under $10,000. The 60" monitors are the same quality for all practical purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Viper ll /forum/post/18227254


Haha, no worries, as long as you have a cable box that is. Do some reading in the owner's thread, it'll do a world of good I'm sure

There is no 101FD owner's thread. Either of the 141FD (60" Signature) or the KRP (non-Signature monitors) threads are specific enough. The KRP FAQ covers most new monitor owner issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
I just upgraded from a 46" LCD Toshiba Regza to the Pioneer Pro-101FD and WOW !!!!!! No question the best plasma in the market.

Go for it because if you wait too long there will be none left to buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb582 /forum/post/18228070


I'm also looking into purchasing one - May I ask how much you paid for yours?

If you're asking me I paid 3k including stand and the store did breakin for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/18228585


The 101FD does not have an audio board so there are no speakers to purchase.

So how do you hook up speakers to it? - ? there's no Pioneer speakers that are ment to be added onto the sides?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb582 /forum/post/18229337


So how do you hook up speakers to it? - ? there's no Pioneer speakers that are ment to be added onto the sides?

You don't . It's a monitor .You use your HD cable box and your receiver for sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb582 /forum/post/18229337


So how do you hook up speakers to it? - ? there's no Pioneer speakers that are ment to be added onto the sides?

Your probably thinking of the KRP-500m which is for all intents and purposes the same as a 101FD with a few things being different. It does have an audio board and has speakers that are specific, the KRP-S04's. You can also adapt the PRO-111FD speakers to it, and im sure that there are several aftermarket options for it. Now if you can find the KRP-S04 speakers they will have the best fitment for that monitor, but they are getting VERY hard to find.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Top