AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!! For anyone who has followed my posts, you know i was a v10 guy. Well, that fell through and now I need advice on a 101fd Kuro. I just bought a 101fd kuro for three thousand dollars, and I was wondering a few things:
  • Is this price good?
  • This model is good for ps3, right? (lag, burn-in, etc.)
  • how should i break her in?
  • professional calibration, or self calibrate?
  • Anything i missed that I should know?

Again, please dont assume any info is to basic as I could use all the advice possible on this. Anything at all would be helpful, even including reaction to this tv in general. Thanks guys...I know you will come through

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
- It's not the best price I've ever seen, but considering the very limited supply of Pioneers now, you could do much worse.

- Sure.

- This depends on why you would want to go through the break-in process. If you simply want to put some hours on the panel quickly, then running full-screen color slides is generally the way to go. Just make sure to check on them periodically to ensure that they haven't locked up.

- A high-quality self-calibration is generally more expensive and far more time consuming than simply paying a reputable professional do it. However, if you don't mind putting in the effort, it can be a very educational and rewarding experience.

- Congrats on choosing best picture quality that can be had in a consumer flat panel.

·
Banned
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRL0INofBEEF /forum/post/18156853

Hello!!! For anyone who has followed my posts, you know i was a v10 guy. Well, that fell through and now I need advice on a 101fd Kuro. I just bought a 101fd kuro for three thousand dollars, and I was wondering a few things:
  • Is this price good?
  • This model is good for ps3, right? (lag, burn-in, etc.)
  • how should i break her in?
  • professional calibration, or self calibrate?
  • Anything i missed that I should know?

Again, please dont assume any info is to basic as I could use all the advice possible on this. Anything at all would be helpful, even including reaction to this tv in general. Thanks guys...I know you will come through

There's a whole thread dedicated to that model with tons of information. I suggest doing a thorough reading of it and then if you have any questions fire away in that thread.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 101fd? didnt see any thread when i searched. link please?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it was the last, and my understanding was they are getting no more in...so

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha...thanks for reassuring me. You guys and your prices were upsetting me a little

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRL0INofBEEF /forum/post/18157458

haha...thanks for reassuring me. You guys and your prices were upsetting me a little

Don't worry man, ~$2800 is about normal and if you got it for $3K, that's really not bad. It's A LOT better than missing out and not getting one at all. Now THAT would suck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah...true. Now i just have to research whether or not i want an extended warranty, and where i would get it from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.