AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the additional size, is this screen going to be an upgrade regarding picture quality or not?

I love my Kuro, but I realize it is not a 5020, it is only a 5010 and I only want to make a move if the picture quality is going to be better of equal.

Thanks.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I have a 5010 and IMO I feel it would be a step down in pq, but you have to decide if extra size is worth it. I do admit 65" would be nice.

· Registered
1,143 Posts
The picture quality will not be as good but with the extra 15 inches you will not care. I would get the Panny calibrated and you will be nearing the 5010 quality.

· Banned
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiraa /forum/post/18122750

Besides the additional size, is this screen going to be an upgrade regarding picture quality or not?

I love my Kuro, but I realize it is not a 5020, it is only a 5010 and I only want to make a move if the picture quality is going to be better of equal.

Thanks.

The 5010 is a very nice set and has some advantages and disadvantages over the 5020 with picture quality being almost as good. You'll definitely be losing in the black levels and detail but like others have said, you'll definitely be getting a much bigger picture. That can be good but a bigger picture also exposes more flaws. I also think the Pioneer has a better processor in it for SD viewing and a cleaner picture as some Panasonic's can have what I describe as a grainy look to it. I suggest going and viewing one in as a many environments as you can before making the final decision. You might also want to consider the 63" Samsung for comparison as they make a very nice set and in some ways a better picture than the Panasonic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.