AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

new to this forum and excited to buy my first plasma. I've been doing a little research and the consensus is that the KURO is the leader in PQ aside from the new Panasonic V10 series. I recently found a local retailer that is selling the Pioneer KURO 5020FP for 1900 and online I found the Panasonic VIERA 58 inch plasma for the same price. Of course I would love to have 58 inches as opposed to 50 but this is a KURO we are talking about. What do you guys think...what to do??

·
Registered
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothlude /forum/post/16943985

Hello,

new to this forum and excited to buy my first plasma. I've been doing a little research and the consensus is that the KURO is the leader in PQ aside from the new Panasonic V10 series. I recently found a local retailer that is selling the Pioneer KURO 5020FP for 1900 and online I found the Panasonic VIERA 58 inch plasma for the same price. Of course I would love to have 58 inches as opposed to 50 but this is a KURO we are talking about. What do you guys think...what to do??

Get the 58" Panny.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Those are the two sets I had boiled my decision down to. I went with the Kuro for the only reason its a secondary tv and I only sit about 6 ft away. If it were going to be my main display, I would have gone with the Panny, just for sheer size. Cant go wrong with either, but if your viewing distance is 8ft or greater, I'd go 58". The blacks on the Kuro are unreal though.

·
Banned
2,435 Posts
Neither one is worth $1900 if you ask me. I would not pay $1900 for last year's 58 inch Panny or a 5020, especially if that's not out the door, and there are additional taxes. You can get a brand new buzz-free Samsung 58 for that price!

"Wait!" you say. "How can you guarantee that I will get a 'buzz free' Samsung? How can you be so certain, to make such a bold prediction?"

Easy. When I say you will get a buzz-free Samsung, what I really mean to say is that you will get either a set that buzzes for no extra cost (free), or you will get a set free from any audible buzzing. Either way, the Samsung will be "buzz free"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts