AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I'm new here and I've read some of the sticky's however I'm still unsure. Last night I went to best buy to upgrade a few items I had purchased that I was still waiting for to arrive. Mind you I've done this 2 times already so the staff knows me very well. I was thinking maybe I should also upgrade the pany 58pz800 that I bought as well.

I've read an awful lot about the Kuro's and was curious if they had one. To my luck they did although it was last years model. The salesman assured me it was the best TV in the store even better than the Pany 58pz800u and that I couldn't go wrong. My question is to you all, did I make the right decision? I've compared the specs and their really isn't much of a difference that I can tell. It bares mentioning I also was able to purchase the Kuro for $3999.99.

Guys which one would you rather have?

·
Registered
147 Posts
IMO, no question, you made the right choice. The specs may be similar, but the Kuro has the nicer picture. If I had a shot at your deal, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. The only thing I wish I'd done differently with my 5010 would be to have chosen a 6010 or an Elite. Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
If I was in your decision, my first choice would be the 6010FD. Then I would consider the 58PZ800. The black levels are better on the 6010FD. However, for value the 58PZ800 packs very good performance with very good color accuracy. The 6010FD still boasts good colors as well.

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarat /forum/post/15595564

Does anyone remember the best price they saw last year for the 6010 before the 6020 came out?

I have the price tag here in front of me it retailed for $6,499.99 when it was first introduced. I picked up mine for $3999.99. Even though its last years model I'm surprised most people prefer it to this years 58PZ800U. Since I was dead set on getting the panny I'm now tempted to sell my 46XBR5 and use that money to purchase the panny?

·
Registered
147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gten79 /forum/post/15597887

I have the price tag here in front of me it retailed for $6,499.99 when it was first introduced. I picked up mine for $3999.99. Even though its last years model I'm surprised most people prefer it to this years 58PZ800U. Since I was dead set on getting the panny I'm now tempted to sell my 46XBR5 and use that money to purchase the panny?

Both sets rock. The 800u is a heck of a nice panel, but I personally prefer the deeper, more detailed blacks, and the overall balance of the Pioneer. To me, there is a visible difference. Others may not feel the same, and that's fine too. The Panny offers better bang for the buck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts