AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a lot of threads regarding the 2010 and 2011 Panasonic's, with particular interest being taken in the reported fluctuation of color temperatures and black levels as the panels age (not so much so with the 2011 levels it appears).

So it got me thinking: I had my PRO-101FD calibrated within a week of buying it about 14 months ago. Do I have warrant to wonder if my black levels/color temperatures have fluctuated in the last year or do the Pioneers maintain steady levels over the years?

Just wondering if there will ever be a time to look at a touch-up calibration of my set and if so when.

Just curious.

Thanks.

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
There's are a few 9G threads where this question would have been more appropriate (just preparing you for the possibility that it gets merged).

Re: your question, with aging phosphors, all Plasmas can use a touchup now and again. That said, my last pro cal was done a few years back. I'm in no position to have another one done at this time (and don't have the proper equipment or experience to do my own).

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
D-Nice just inadvertently answered your question in another thread before you posted this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/20895993

All displays require a recalibration after a certain number of hours. On top of that a recal via a pro should be much less than the original calibration... like 50% less or more.

That's interesting re: the reduction in cost in recalibration, though it makes sense (unless you have one seriously wonky display or went haywire and changed the PQ settings yourself).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.