AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a Pioneer Pro Elite FHD1... which up until last week, was awesome... Now when i turn it on... 3 flashing red lights... no picture. I'm told, that's typically the Power board... had a tech out, said it's not... probably either x or y boards. of course, only boards you can find... are old, used, and no idea if they are actually good or not. i'm going to try though... love the Pioneer Pro plasma... one nice thing about the new TV's... i can replace this 50" TV's physical size pretty close with a new 65" TV... But not keen on losing the Pioneer. IF I do.. probably go with Sony AF9 master series... but not sure yet...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pioneer Pro Elite FHD1 flashing light error codes?

Anybody know where someone can find the error code list for a Pioneer Pro Elite FDH1 (suspect it's the same as the later KURO's?) - to decipher blinking lights?

I did get a X board for this from Electropartsonline.com.. though the board was not good (went from 3 blinking lights (and intermittently actually coming on) - to 9 blinking lights and not even trying to come on). Went back to original board - and TV actually has came on 2 out of 3 tries... but have to let it sit a long time before it will..... Sending that board back... have a Y board coming... don't know if it will work or not.

Any plasma repair guys out there that may help me???? :)

thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a 500m with over 10,000 hours on it. The picture is still amazing. I also have a 5060HD--pre-Kuro and 1280x768 resolution, but it also looks good. Actually, I think it's brighter than the 500m.

I just took the plunge and ordered an LG OLED77C8, but it pains me to have to get rid of one of the plasmas (the 5060, not surprisingly). I'm giving it to a friend, who I hope will appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Moved up to a bigger screen.Got the 65A1E and moved my 500m to another room.Keeping the 500m as long as I can.Still great TV.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
. my 500M is working fine for the time being, also have a LX5090 for back up. I will buy a OLED after 2020.

I watch a lot of Blu-ray movies. Most of those are not available on UHD blu-ray, also those UHD movies are not cheap. So why even upgrade i ask myself...

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
My 6020 will be 10 in February. :)

Looks as good as it ever has and I have never had an issue with it. I suspect at some point I'll see the power board issue or that bizarre "red scare" deal I read about years ago, but so far so good.

Honestly, even the aesthetic of the tv itself has aged well: sure it's a wider bezel than most newer displays, but it's still pretty straightforward and homogenizes well with most stuff.

Don't know how many hours are on it, but it has to be 15,000+. I should check it for a laugh.

I won't be replacing it until it dies. It went from our main tv to our bedroom job after about 4 years: it now prolly averages 2 hours a night- 4 if my wife falls asleep (cuz I ALWAYS do, first). :)

James

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Pioneer Kuro 5080HD bought December 2007 and still going strong today with all original parts & no repairs, still has fantastic PQ, its used mainly for PS4 & Xbox One gaming.

It's been awhile since I checked hours of use but in late 2016 (Link) it was close to 30K hours reported in the service menu, I'll have to check current hours soon and post update.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,786 Posts
I have 3 60" Kuros and they all still look great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Amazing we're all talking about one particular brand tv 10 years later. Nobody has even mentioned the sound it puts out. Can we also call it the best sounding tv ever? The fact that you have control over every aspect of the picture and sound in the menu is also unheard of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been a big fan of my media room PRO-151 that I picked up secondhand several years ago with 2,200 hours for $200. I decided there were enough local classifieds deals to outfit the rest of my house with Kuro panels. In the last two weeks I've bought a PRO-950 ( 4,000 hours, $65) for the guest bedroom, a PRO-110 (7,700 hours, $65) for my bedroom, and a PRO-1150 (22,400 hours, $40) that was supposed to be for my bedroom before I found the 110. All sets have 0 burn in and have been voltage tweaked to look their best.

I found another great deal on a 60" so once I pull the trigger (starting to feel like a hoarder) I think I'll put that in the family room to replace the LCD currently there (was always hesitant to do this because that TV gets abused by my wife, regularly left on the news when no one is around to watch etc) because the price is good enough that I don't feel any need to baby it. She prefers to watch movies in the comfort of the family room so it will be a big win for me on those days where she picks the location.

I'll try to resell the PRO-1150 and I think I should be able to shoot for $100 on it by listing it properly with more photos and information, but we will see. The market isn't so hot with everyone wanting budget 4k sets.

Reactions: ebailey

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've been a big fan of my media room PRO-151 that I picked up secondhand several years ago with 2,200 hours for $200. I decided there were enough local classifieds deals to outfit the rest of my house with Kuro panels. In the last two weeks I've bought a PRO-950 ( 4,000 hours, $65) for the guest bedroom, a PRO-110 (7,700 hours, $65) for my bedroom, and a PRO-1150 (22,400 hours, $40) that was supposed to be for my bedroom before I found the 110. All sets have 0 burn in and have been voltage tweaked to look their best.

I found another great deal on a 60" so once I pull the trigger (starting to feel like a hoarder) I think I'll put that in the family room to replace the LCD currently there (was always hesitant to do this because that TV gets abused by my wife, regularly left on the news when no one is around to watch etc) because the price is good enough that I don't feel any need to baby it. She prefers to watch movies in the comfort of the family room so it will be a big win for me on those days where she picks the location.

I'll try to resell the PRO-1150 and I think I should be able to shoot for $100 on it by listing it properly with more photos and information, but we will see. The market isn't so hot with everyone wanting budget 4k sets.

So you got 3 Pioneer plasmas in 2 weeks and have another one on your shopping list.. :) Awesome! :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
KRP-500M - bought 2009 - 24160 hours - still going strong - will change eventually to OLED - but plasma will then move to the bedroom, couldn't possibly get rid of it - one of the family.
Regards, Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pro 110FD still going strong in living room. Still love the picture. Bought in 2008 at a going out of business sale of Tweeter for $900.00 It was a display model. No idea how many hours it had on it before I bought it. My wife works nights and me days. It is on 12 hours a day. No sign of diminished performance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have a PRO 141-FD since 2009 and it is still going strong.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I moved my 500M to the bedroom after getting an LG OLED77C8. Having spent a bunch of time calibrating the LG--it turns out largely unnecessarily, as it's very good out of the box--I decided to run some tests using HCFR on the 500M to see what had happened in its 10,000 hours of use.

In ISF Day mode, 100% brightness (in a 25% window) decreased from 145 to 138 nits. The greyscale tracking deteriorated somewhat, as shown in the attached images. (For comparison, the LG is at 195 nits in ISF Dark Room mode and 305 nits in ISF Bright Room mode.)

The color gamut was always less than perfect in ISF Day, and as I recall couldn't be calibrated without going into the service menu. So, I looked at my calibrated User settings, and the color gamut has held up well, looking unchanged.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still Great

I have the 6010 and the 5010 purchased in 2007 and 2008. Both of them have been trouble free and the picture still looks great. It was a sad day when Pioneer went out of the plasma business.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Still have my Pro-111FD going strong. However, moved it to the bedroom to make room for my 65 inch ZT60 in the living room. Love both of my plasmas and have no desire to go OLED.

I sometimes speculate that part of the reason that my 111 is still going strong is that it has a January 2009 build date.

Shortly after this production month Pioneer starting moving all panel production to one specific plant with anecdotal evidence that build quality suffered resulting in panels failing and having a shorter life span.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just picked up a used 151fd last night and set it up. Went through all the picture settings to my taste and am very happy with the result. Other than black level which is awesome here, I'd say something like a 900f competes well. I don't notice any red push on this set so am happy I probably got a good one. Setting are very different that how I got it and how I feel optimized for my cable source. The 6 point pro color adjustment is kind of awesome and easier than expected to use with skin tones as reference. Reason I got this is the my old 50" Panny was looking pretty washed out and this will hold me over until the next tech change. It was either this, a cheaper LCD like a 65" nu8000 or a long term set like a 75" 900f. For 1/2 the black friday price on the nu8000, I found this and have no regrets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently got a PRO-151FD. Haven't started using it yet but plan on setting it up this weekend. I need to clean the screen but I'm honestly a little afraid to. I see Pioneer made (and still sells) a special cleaning cloth for it. Is that necessary or can I use something else? Any tips or recommendations on how to clean the screen without damaging anything?

21 - 40 of 117 Posts