I recently got a PRO-151FD. Haven't started using it yet but plan on setting it up this weekend. I need to clean the screen but I'm honestly a little afraid to. I see Pioneer made (and still sells) a special cleaning cloth for it. Is that necessary or can I use something else? Any tips or recommendations on how to clean the screen without damaging anything?
Never.. And I mean NEVER use normal glass/window cleaner.. There are aggressive parts in it, that can literally etching the screen filter..
Get a dedicated tv/plasma screan cleaner.. I personally use this, but just check amazon, there are tons of other options.. https://www.amazon.com/ROGGE-Screen-Cleaner-Kit-Antibacterial/dp/B01FKHUX0O?th=1
This is how I clean my plasma tvs (and I did it quite often)..
I use a (clean) soft tshirt.. It works the best..
1) I look if there are any parts on the screen that could cause scretches.. So first I gentle and without pressure ged rid of visible dust on the screen with the tshirt.
2) I put some water on the tshirt.. just a bit
3) I spray the screen with the screen cleaner
4) I wipe the screen (it really does not matter how you do it)
5) I take a dry part of the tshirt and wipe the screen dry
6) I put the tshirt into the washing machine