AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50 inch Kuro that I've owned for less than a year. I moved today and can't get the display to turn back on. It's been sitting inside for more than an hour, the red light in back turns on when I press the ON button on the side of the tv but I can't get the darn thing to turn on. Using the remote has no effect. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end here.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
How did you move it? Step 1 is to inspect for any cracks to make sure the screen is still in one piece. Step 2 is to check your power in the new house. If it's insufficient, you probably won't be able to turn it on. Check any power strips etc... reset them and whatnot or swap with different ones to make sure you're getting power to the set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was reboxed and put in a truck upright, it wasn't laid down or anything. Is there any way to know if the power is not sufficient? I have it plugged directly in to the wall now and I'm not getting anything except for that red light in back.

·
Registered
823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor53 /forum/post/18243870

It's been sitting inside for more than an hour...

Does this mean that it was stored outside before you brought it in???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Theimpaler /forum/post/18244037

Does this mean that it was stored outside before you brought it in???

No, just means it spent about 30 minutes in a moving truck on the way to my new place.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What model Kuro is it. That'll help you get more answers. About checking the power, you can try plugging in other devices to a power strip or whatever and see if they'll turn on. A 50" kuro can use up to 350-400W if it's at full settings. It's also possible there's a voltage problem where you aren't getting clean voltage (voltage within the range it expects). Grab a line condition and plug it into that and see if it'll turn on.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Also, I have a Kilowatt P3 that measures wattage, voltage, etc... so it would be a good idea for you to grab one of those and see what readings you get.

Assuming nothing shorted or was damaged, it sounds like it's getting insuffice power (or alternatively the voltage is too low) to fire up.

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Is there a power supply button on the lower back of the tv? I know with my 5020 there is. I had to press that button, before the remote would work.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman /forum/post/18244586

Is there a power supply button on the lower back of the tv? I know with my 5020 there is. I had to press that button, before the remote would work.

Actually yes, this reminds me that I had issues turning on my KRP initially. There actually were two power buttons. During initial setup you have to use the one indicated in the manual or it'll just sit there. I would grab the manual for your specific set. If you don't have it anymore, it should still be available on Pioneer's website and read through the initial setup procedures for turning the set on. Go through them again and see if it works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahahaha, thanks everyone! Found that secondary power button and I'm up and running. Can't thank you folks enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts