AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Pioneer's European headquarters in Belgium can service Japanese and US Laserdisc players? In particular can Pioneer Europe get the parts for these players if they're in stock at Pioneer Japan?

When I contacted them about servicing they sent this rather vague reply:

'Thank you for the confidence in our products.We still service Laserdisc players, however it might be possible that the parts needed for repair are not available anymore. We advice you to go to your local Pioneer dealer for a diagnostic check. Best regards'
I tend to find that when I send equipment for servicing it tends to come back damaged (minor scratches etc). Are Pioneer Belgium OK from that point of view?

Apart from Pioneer Belgium, I would love to hear if there's anywhere else in Europe that can service these LD players.

·
Banned
291 Posts
That's something you are going to have to take chances, unless you want to ship it back to Pioneer Japan, and there they are great, they take great care about the units.

Can you be more specific? What parts do you need and for witch model? Maybe i can help...

What happens is that even if Pioneer Japan has the part they won't ship it to any Pioneer dealer becaue they are in "Limited Numbers", so this is a big problem.

But i think i can help you...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I don't have a specific problem right now. But I'm thinking of buying an HLD-X9 and I want to find out how I would stand with spares and servicing if I needed them. For instance I've heard that spares for the X0 can be very difficult to find.

I read somewhere that because LD players are analogue they need adjusting every few years to ensure that the picture quality is as good as possible, so it would also be good to find somewhere that would service them, even if that place couldn't supply parts.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus wood /forum/post/18183326

Hi, I don't have a specific problem right now. But I'm thinking of buying an HLD-X9 and I want to find out how I would stand with spares and servicing if I needed them. For instance I've heard that spares for the X0 can be very difficult to find.

I read somewhere that because LD players are analogue they need adjusting every few years to ensure that the picture quality is as good as possible, so it would also be good to find somewhere that would service them, even if that place couldn't supply parts.

Most parts for the X9 are still available. Servicing is still available as well. Let me know if you are interested as I have an X9 that might be for sale.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Hey,

Parts and Service for the X9 is not a problem, but for the HLD X0, if you are worried about parts and servicing forget it, parts are gone... long ago...

Of course you can always bring it to Pioneer to try to fix it, restore the pickup...etc... But that kind of "refurbish" only in Japan.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSMT /forum/post/18197930

Parts and Service for the X9 is not a problem...

OK, but could you tell me exactly where I can obtain the parts and servicing?

·
Registered
576 Posts
marcus wood -

You are welcome to PM or email me about your questions/concerns.
[email protected]

·
Banned
291 Posts
For the HLD X9 is very simple...

Get a contact in USA and order the parts from Pioneer Parts and Service.

ONE ADVICE: Contact Kurtis, he's very expert on the subject and honnest.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know Kurtis, and I'm sure he'd do a great job, but shipping from the UK to the US and back would be a major pain.

For one thing there's the cost of shipping (probably at least $300 each way). Then it would have to go through US and UK customs, so I'd get hit with import duty on both sides and - in the UK - VAT, unless I can find some way to claim duty exemption due to it being a temporary import, which would entail a whole lot of form filling for me and maybe Kurtis. Then US/UK Customs might damage it if they open the box for inspection, probably with little chance of compensation. And it might also get damaged by the shipping company...

Hunter, you have PM.

·
Banned
291 Posts
I think that's the price to pay if you want to have High End Players and the right people to touch them.

And i don't believe they will damage it if you pack it well.

Anyway i don't know about your country but in my country Pioneer is very professional and they have the Service Manuals and everything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Pioneer CLD-D604 with U1 Error code. (Miss clamp) Is there an easy fix for this? If so what part/s would be needed?

Many thanks,

Surround Man

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surround Man /forum/post/18239536

I have a Pioneer CLD-D604 with U1 Error code. (Miss clamp) Is there an easy fix for this? If so what part/s would be needed?

Many thanks,

Surround Man

Open it up, pull out the tray and clean the belt on the top/front/left of the mechanical assembly

·
Registered
278 Posts

Quote:
...clean the belt...

I just did this the other night on my Elite CLD-59 that was coming up U1s at the most annoying times. Fixed it right up, works perfectly now.

I've found with older CD, LD and even DVD players, the belts in the transport and/or drawer mechanisms are typically the first things to go. Fortunately, they're also some of the easiest components to fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts