AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a repair shop in SF that can do work on a Pioneer CLD-D703? I've had this player for several years (and still use it as a secondary LD player in the bedroom), and it is now - unfortunately - starting to exhibit glitch behavior.

Namely, it now gets "stuck" when the pickup attempts to turn sides (A->B). Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
You might want to try

Art's TV

2129 Taraval

SF, CA 94116

415-566-9898

Most of their basic repairs cost $60 for LD players.

A bit further away Westgate TV is pretty good too in Campbell. 408-379-7670

tk

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I took one of my Pioneer Elite TZ-F700s to Art's TV for repair a few months back. They do pretty good work.... :)

Peace.....

·
Registered
651 Posts
I took mine to a Pioneer repair shop at Berkeley near University Ave a few years back, but they said it will cost about $350 to replace the parts so I didn't go through with it, it's still with me, maybe I'll bring it to the guy at Taraval to see if he can rapair it.

Anybody want to take it away from me for a few bucks? The model does not have DTS capability. I think a 701

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JustinCheckin
I took mine to a Pioneer repair shop at Berkeley near University Ave a few years back, but they said it will cost about $350 to replace the parts so I didn't go through with it, it's still with me, maybe I'll bring it to the guy at Taraval to see if he can rapair it.
It will cost a lot more if actual parts are needed. I think the $60 is for basic problems. like alignment, hub, belt and other problems that don't require very expensive parts.

tk

·
Registered
151 Posts
arts fixed my Pioneers for under $100 (drawers from shipping)

Both still work, I 2nd the recommendation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.