Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to extend the Pioneer PDP503

umbilical cord from the receiver to the screen.

I have spoken to Pioneer and they say that 7m is the longest length

We need 10m.

Any ideas greatly accepted (what is the limitation with the distance?)

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was talking to the cheif technician of a high end installer in the UK who said that they decided not to carry the Pioneer because of the issues with the umbilical. They were told it was limited to 10m which was a potential problem in custom installes with the cables chased into walls (not to mention making up the cables looked like it was going to be a nightmare).

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Well, given that everything in the U.S. is going to go DVI real soon, I suspect someone is gonna figure out how to built an inline repeater of some kind to solve this cable-length problem. Either that or a converter to/from fiber. Something because the world's biggest TV market is gonna force it.

Mark

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
CMO

I don't think anyone at Pioneer UK has tried extending the cables past the new 7m max - I was told that the voltages may not carry the signals past that max length; also DVI cables tend to get pretty expensive past about 7m anyway.

Does your Media Box have to sit next to your source kit - we have in the past 'hidden' away the Media Box at a mid way point, so to speak, and simply ran longish cables from the source kit to the Media Box - we just put the Media Box in an accessible position for whenever we had to re-cable.

The IR pick up for the system is on the Plasma screen so you do not need to 'see' the Media Box once the system is wired up.

Regards

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.