AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can buy Pioneer Media Recievers? I currently have a PDP-506HDG Pioneer plasma. The media reciever with this TV is a PDP-R06G .. im looking for a replacement of a PDP-R06U.

Ive found a few posts stating that you can interchange the Europeaon models, with the US models. Does anyone know if this is true?

Please help. Thanks

JC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted Pioneer and the Tech told me:

Only European boxes will work with European Displays and that you cannot buy the box. But, this makes 0 sense AND that the pervious models will work with the display but not across the same production line. So. this tells me, other boxes will work and that most likely the 5060 media reciever should work.

The display is a PDP-506PG which the only difference from the stateside model is the Multi Voltage per the specs outlined. The US version is a PDP-506PU

So, this really boils down to me calling back twelve times to actually talk to someone who has a clue or someone here who might have hooked up a different media reciver to their display.

Im not sure, any other suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden679 /forum/post/0

I contacted Pioneer and the Tech told me:

Only European boxes will work with European Displays and that you cannot buy the box. But, this makes 0 sense AND that the pervious models will work with the display but not across the same production line. So. this tells me, other boxes will work and that most likely the 5060 media reciever should work.

The display is a PDP-506PG which the only difference from the stateside model is the Multi Voltage per the specs outlined. The US version is a PDP-506PU

So, this really boils down to me calling back twelve times to actually talk to someone who has a clue or someone here who might have hooked up a different media reciver to their display.

Im not sure, any other suggestions would be nice.

Did you aquire the PDP without media receiver?

If your MR is broken, i would think Pioneer would repair it or allow you to swap it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the European model because the Pioneer rep who was at our Base electronics store told me I would be able to get the stateside media reciever. I guess i was duped.

Oh well, Better Business Bureau here I come. You think if you spend 3-4K on a television you'd get some customer support. I'll never buy from them again.

On a side note, Called back and Customer service in the Plasma dept. said my panel wasnt compatible because it isnt NTSC compliant and thats why the stateside media reciever wont work. Thats BS. So. i guess im SOL

JC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AAFES @ Ramstein Air Force Base, GE.

Even if they are not sold without the MR, I should be able to order one. Not like this piece of equipment can do anything without the PDP. Also, why not sell me one?

JC

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden679 /forum/post/9482851

Does anyone know where you can buy Pioneer Media Recievers? I currently have a PDP-506HDG Pioneer plasma. The media reciever with this TV is a PDP-R06G .. im looking for a replacement of a PDP-R06U.

Ive found a few posts stating that you can interchange the Europeaon models, with the US models. Does anyone know if this is true?

Please help. Thanks

JC

hi the receiver you looking for can be found on ebay. i am looking to buy the pdp-r06g that you have if you want to sell it. [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.