13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.
My system is the following
AV Pioneer SC-LX89 with Amplifier Rotel RMB 1585
Front Speakes : B&W CM10-S2
Rear Speakers: B&W CM9-S2
Center : B&W CM2S2 and Sub: B&W ASW10S2

Now I am playing FLAC through my Pioneer AV and I would like to improve it.
I would like to buy a Network Player so I am between
Pioneer N70AE and Cambridge Audio 851N

Any recommendations for my system ?
Which of the two has better Android or IOS Software for Album/ Song selection ?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hi to all.
My system is the following
AV Pioneer SC-LX89 with Amplifier Rotel RMB 1585
Front Speakes : B&W CM10-S2
Rear Speakers: B&W CM9-S2
Center : B&W CM2S2 and Sub: B&W ASW10S2

Now I am playing FLAC through my Pioneer AV and I would like to improve it.
I would like to buy a Network Player so I am between
Pioneer N70AE and Cambridge Audio 851N

Any recommendations for my system ?
Which of the two has better Android or IOS Software for Album/ Song selection ?

Thank you very much.
I've had the 851N, not the Pioneer. The Cambridge Audio is an excellent piece. The DAC is superlative and has gotten raves from Stereophile and others. Same as their (now discontinued) flagship Azur 851D. Includes their CXN streamer in the same box. I ended up separating the streamer from the DAC in order to have a DiracLive based miniDSP between them and a DAC with home theater bypass (so significant upgrade to AURALiC ARIES G2 and Benchmark DAC3, along with the miniDSP).

Regarding software.... don't get tied to the manufacturers' software. The Cambridge Audio app is mediocre (don't know about Pio's). But, on Android, BubbleUPnP is superlative for control. And, if you are up for it, Roon is amazing, particularly with Tidal integration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the 851N, not the Pioneer. The Cambridge Audio is an excellent piece. The DAC is superlative and has gotten raves from Stereophile and others. Same as their (now discontinued) flagship Azur 851D. Includes their CXN streamer in the same box. I ended up separating the streamer from the DAC in order to have a DiracLive based miniDSP between them and a DAC with home theater bypass (so significant upgrade to AURALiC ARIES G2 and Benchmark DAC3, along with the miniDSP).

Regarding software.... don't get tied to the manufacturers' software. The Cambridge Audio app is mediocre (don't know about Pio's). But, on Android, BubbleUPnP is superlative for control. And, if you are up for it, Roon is amazing, particularly with Tidal integration.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Did you have disconnections with the 851N ?
Can you give me a link for Roon ?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thank you very much for your reply.
Did you have disconnections with the 851N ?
Can you give me a link for Roon ?

Thank you
No disconnections at all. It is a computer though. Every so often, it needed restarting after some glitch. I listened every day and this happened maybe every other week. I figure restarting periodically is par for the course with processor based equipment these days.

You can investigate roon here:
https://roonlabs.com/

and here:
https://community.roonlabs.com/categories

1 - 4 of 4 Posts