AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Angel -

I'm looking forward to the new Pioneer's.

I personally could care less about ILink being that it's mainly for SACD and DVD-Audio, both in which are pretty much dead in the water.
But, that's only my opinion.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Well I happen to have over 300 SACD's & DVD-A's so it's very important to me, dead or not! Hint: check out the other thread on these new receivers. I'm not alone....there are many who still want & use ILink, because they own these "dead" formats.
back

You can buy, I'll wait

ss9001

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I'm looking for a receiver that does WMA Pro over optical for Xbox 360 + LPCM 5.1 over hdmi for PS3.

Should I grab a VSX-1016TXV now or wait for future models?

I don't think I want an elite because my budget would be in the $500-$700 range.

Thanks...

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 /forum/post/0

Well I happen to have over 300 SACD's & DVD-A's so it's very important to me, dead or not! Hint: check out the other thread on these new receivers. I'm not alone....there are many who still want & use ILink, because they own these "dead" formats.
back

You can buy, I'll wait

ss9001

ss9001 -

Well you'll be waiting a long time more then likely, and it's only a matter of time before others follow Pioneer's example, IMO. That being said, I've been wrong before and probably am on this subject too.

I do agree with you however, that if someone has a fairly large collection of such discs, like you do, then I can see where it would be important to some people.

That said, I can also understand Pioneer's reasoning for not including it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I could be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, there is no 93.

I believe there new models are 90, 91, 92, and 94. Why the heck they decided to skip 93 and go straight to 94 is beyond me.

·
Registered
193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Cane /forum/post/0

I could be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, there is no 93.

I believe there new models are 90, 91, 92, and 94. Why the heck they decided to skip 93 and go straight to 94 is beyond me.

I am well aware there is no 93. It was a very poor attempt to be funny. My appologies

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosphere482 /forum/post/0

I am well aware there is no 93. It was a very poor attempt to be funny. My appologies

Oops, my bad. I offer up my apologies, just trying to help.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I want i.Link too, to handle SACD/DVD-A from my Onkyo DV-SP1000. Unfortunately, I talked with a technical rep from Pioneer this week, and the new receivers will definitely NOT have i.Link. The world is moving ahead with HDMI instead. Too bad for those of us with existing high-quality i.Link-compatible players.

·
Registered
83 Posts
EPlay, thanks for the quick response! I am looking in finally getting surround sound (been debating since the fall) and it looks as I will be pulling the trigger this summer. Man, HDMI 1.3a sounds awesome! Have pictures of these new receivers surfaced?

·
Registered
286 Posts

Quote:
Man, HDMI 1.3a sounds awesome!

And where have you heard hdmi 1.3a?!? ;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcaughey /forum/post/0

And where have you heard hdmi 1.3a?!? ;-)

I actually got it from the link posted above. Here is an excerpt:

Quote:
Pioneer continually answers the call from audio video enthusiasts seeking the ultimate in rich home theater design. Our new line of Elite A/V receivers with HDMI 1.3a connectivity allows consumers to enjoy the benefits of the new technologies being used on music and movie discs, said Dave Bales, marketing manager of audio products for the home entertainment division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. We're bringing the true essence of high definition emotion to the audience.

Of course, here is where the rest can be found (same link as mentioned above): click here

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 /forum/post/0

back

You can buy, I'll wait

ss9001

Even then who cares about Ilink unless you want to reduce the number of cables only. Get a GOOD sacd/dvd-a player (Denon 2930 or higher or one of the Arcam 13x models) and hook up by multi-channel analog (assume you have a receiver/pre with a good multichannel analog section) and run you receiver in pure analog mode for the best sound. sure you'll have a load of unsightly cables, but the DACs in a good player will be better than the ones in you receiver. Then again if u would rather have a cheap transport and put all your money in a receiver with good DACs (which would probably go obselete in a year) then *shrug* u prolly want firewire, or HDMI 1.3.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.