AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the 425 cmx Pioneer plasma and the Key Digital card and I'm having troubles setting them up. I followed all the instructions from the KD website ( H pos -67 , V pos - 126 , H size +7 , V size +1 , Gamma 2.2 , FRC off , KD card set to output XGA , TV set to 1024*768 - 1 ) and when I finished the picture doesn't fill-up the whole screen . What I mean is on the right side of the screen there is a black bar area ( approx. 2" ) . In order to fill up the whole screen I have to go in the TV's regular menu and set the screen horisontal position to + 58. Talked to KD tech. support but the guy wasn't mush of a help ,

told me that probably I messed up the settings . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless6960004 /forum/post/0

I recently purchased the 425 cmx Pioneer plasma and the Key Digital card and I'm having troubles setting them up. I followed all the instructions from the KD website ( H pos -67 , V pos - 126 , H size +7 , V size +1 , Gamma 2.2 , FRC off , KD card set to output XGA , TV set to 1024*768 - 1 ) and when I finished the picture doesn't fill-up the whole screen . What I mean is on the right side of the screen there is a black bar area ( approx. 2" ) . In order to fill up the whole screen I have to go in the TV's regular menu and set the screen horisontal position to + 58. Talked to KD tech. support but the guy wasn't mush of a help ,

told me that probably I messed up the settings . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance !

What firmware version do you have?

You should be able to use the Key Card adjustments to stretch the picture. I went through this type of setup rigamorale when I first installed my KD card in my 507CMX, but the real reason was because the display timings were wrong in the firmware for the new set. This caused the picture to be shifted needing adjustment, which isn't a huge deal, but much worse it cause judder problems during sideways panning/scrolling text. Put on something like cnn or espn and watch the text move sideways across the screen. Does it seem to pause and jump? If so, you probably need a firmware update. However, that could just be an issue with the 507/607 which is a totally different generation and resolution ...

Still, there are horizontal and vertical stretch adjustments in the card that should enable you to properly fill the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The KD card is firmware 2.06E . The TV I don't know. Only the right side of the screen is black ( 2 inches ) and there is no way to fix it with aspect adjustments, the only way is to adjust the screen horisontal position in the TV's regular menu .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.