1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Motorola DVR Verizon Fios hooked up through HDMI

and Sony NS75H hooked up through HDMI

i need to get this straight:

what is the difference between having PureCinema 'off', 'standard', 'adv'?

also, what is the best setting for SD, HD for cable and what is the best setting for the dvd player upconvert (480p, 720p,1080i)?

i have a problem with bluriness on SD. the default setting is 480i SD/ 1080i HD.

but SD looks kind of blurry and out of focus. so when I set it to 480p for SD, the images look a lot clearer, but also really blocky and pixelated...

also, for dvd player i have it set to 720p...

HELP PLEASE! thank you. btw, I am using D-Nice's settings (that he has for the cable box) for the Motorola DVR AND for the Sony NS75H (good results) in general

I got the Pioneer PDP-5071 from Best Buy a couple of months ago after being dissatisfied with several Sony 46" XBR2 sets with clouding. Do you think I made the right choice going from Sony 46" XBR2 LCD to Pioneer PDP-5071? just making sure.

I know buzzing for bright pictures is normal, but is there any way to get rid of the buzzing noise on this set? it isn't too annoying, but i'm just wondering. my friend has an elite plasma from years back and i don't remember his buzzing for bright pictures.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
SD on a big TV wont look great. I also have FiOS with a Moto DVR and have a 5070. The lower analog channels look the worst. The SD digital channels look quite a bit better, the HD looks great. The Moto box should be set to 480i for SD. For HD, 720P or 1080i both look good. I prefer 1080i (I think). there has been much discussion about upconverting DVD players and settings. The thing is, in the end, the PDP MUST convert whatever it gets to a native 1365x768 format. The school of thought is to set the DVD player to 480i, and let the PDP do all the scaling.

I dont have a buzzing issue, so cant help you there.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather /forum/post/0

I have a Motorola DVR Verizon Fios hooked up through HDMI

and Sony NS75H hooked up through HDMI

i need to get this straight:

what is the difference between having PureCinema 'off', 'standard', 'adv'?

also, what is the best setting for SD, HD for cable and what is the best setting for the dvd player upconvert (480p, 720p,1080i)?

i have a problem with bluriness on SD. the default setting is 480i SD/ 1080i HD.

but SD looks kind of blurry and out of focus. so when I set it to 480p for SD, the images look a lot clearer, but also really blocky and pixelated...

also, for dvd player i have it set to 720p...

HELP PLEASE! thank you. btw, I am using D-Nice's settings (that he has for the cable box) for the Motorola DVR AND for the Sony NS75H (good results) in general

I got the Pioneer PDP-5071 from Best Buy a couple of months ago after being dissatisfied with several Sony 46" XBR2 sets with clouding. Do you think I made the right choice going from Sony 46" XBR2 LCD to Pioneer PDP-5071? just making sure.

I know buzzing for bright pictures is normal, but is there any way to get rid of the buzzing noise on this set? it isn't too annoying, but i'm just wondering. my friend has an elite plasma from years back and i don't remember his buzzing for bright pictures.

You can try power save2 to limit the overall brightness which will decrease the buzzing a little. When you are referring to buzzing on bright scenes, how far away from the set are you? I can only hear a buzz on my 5071 if I put my head behind the set, (there will be a slight buzz/whine on the back top left and right sides). In front of the set, I cannot hear a thing. Also, are you in dynamic mode?

The best setting resolution wise for SD/HD/etc is the native resolution of the source and letting the pioneer do the processing. SD quality is going to vary from channel to channel and provider to provider, so your end picture will vary greatly too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.