AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

I just got my 5080HD this past weekend just in time to watch the Pats kick some (__)__) in HD! I'm super excited but i've got some things i'm trying to work out. Mainly my Xbox connection (HDMI vs Component) thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=979424

and calibration issues. Thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=979427

any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that I will work these issues out and be completely satisfied w/ my purchase.

I do have one question about my purchase and wondered if anyone else had experience with this:

I got mine at Best Buy w/ the 24 months no interest, 60 day price match and at $2250 i figured it was a no brainer. The price just came down to $2000, the no interest to 36 months and the price match to 90 days!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!?!!??

It LITERALLY went up 2 days after i got my TV. I know i'll get the price match down to $2000, which is nice, but do you think I can go in and make a stink and get the 90 day price match and the 36 month no interest upgrade? Can i threaten to return the TV and buy it someplace else or will they charge me a restocking fee?

Any insight would be GREAT! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It's worth a try asking for the better deal all around. The price match to their newer lower price seems to be a done deal how could they not do that, the extra year financing - I guess that's up to you to push. And as far as the 90 day price match - how much lower is the price likely to go?

·
Registered
44 Posts
They'll price match to the price in this weeks ad...assuming you go in this week and get it done. I doubt that the price will go any lower in the 60-90 day window...if so, it will probably be clearance prices...which BB's price match policy doesn't honor anyways...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I guess i'm just kinda ticked that it came 2 days after i bought my TV... UGH. I'm gunna go in and make a stink. They'll definitely match the price to the new lower price, and i might get the 90 day, but i dont think i'll get the extra year no financing cuz it has to do w/ the credit company (now HSBC)...

I didnt know that about clearance pricing, that's good to know. I bought the TV when i did because it was bound to come down around super bowl time and i figured the 60 day would have me covered. I doubt that the 90day will yield much more, if any, additional price reductions.

thanks for your feedback.. if anyone has had ANY success with Best Buy in this regard, your insight would be helpful while i gear up for battle.... Just got my BB card in the mail today... i might just use that $250 price match money back to go towards my new HTIB

·
Registered
616 Posts
I got mine at Best Buy w/ the 24 months no interest, 60 day price match and at $2250 i figured it was a no brainer. The price just came down to $2000, the no interest to 36 months and the price match to 90 days!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!?!!??

It LITERALLY went up 2 days after i got my TV. I know i'll get the price match down to $2000, which is nice, but do you think I can go in and make a stink and get the 90 day price match and the 36 month no interest upgrade? Can i threaten to return the TV and buy it someplace else or will they charge me a restocking fee?

I got the same extact deal as you did. Paid $2249.99 (free delivery) it's not free now. I went to BB yesterday with the flyer...Guess what..I received a credit for $273.00! Yes...They even included the 110% price match even though it was from themselves & the difference in the 5% Mass. Sales Tax. Didn't ask for it, just happened. Well...We are talking about another $10.51.

As for the 3 year scenario...Do you really need three years to pay off $2,000? Two tears is more then fine! If you need three years you shouldn't be buying a $2,000 HDTV!

BB is the only large B&M store that sells the 5080, plus don't take back your new 5080 for an extra year! That's simply stupid (yes..I said it!) Crap like that just costs us end-users more down the line! Suck it-up & be happy that you're getting an excellent TV (like me) for the price you paid, even with the credit!

BTW...You won't need that 90 day price after the current price drop!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, while i appreciate the feedback, i dont know how to take your comment about me sucking it up and inferring i shouldnt be buying a TV. Generally, that's decent advice, however, the reason I would prefer the 36 month no interest is so that I can enjoy no interest for 3 years on future purchases as well, as i intend to have this card for a while. However, I wouldnt be devestated about the 3 year no interest.

I would, however, like to get the extra 30 days, because, even if the price goes down another 50 bucks, that's 50 bucks....tyvm.

Anyways, Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts