AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching for answers to this issue, but didn't find anything relevant...

I just installed my PDP-6010FD on Saturday and am loving it so far, with one minor exception. Namely, it occasionally shuts itself off with the front-panel red led flashing an error code, 8 blinks, pause, repeat.

I've been able to get the TV turned back on by disconnecting power, waiting for a minute, then plugging it back in and powering it up.

This has happened 3 or 4 times to me so far and, I have to say, is awfully frustrating.

Anyone have any idea what error this particular code represents?

I've already called Pioneer and a local service company, but I'd like to have as much information at my disposal as possible, prior to the service call.

And, in case it may be relevant, the shutdowns have occurred while watching HDTV via HDMI connection from a Time Warner Cable/Motorola DCH3416 set top box.

Thanks,

Dan W.

UPDATE 1/22: service techs were just here and took a look at my set and proclaimed the issue to be a bad power-supply, but I don't have 100% confidence in their diagnosis as my red-blinking LED error code didn't exactly match what they were expecting as an indication of a bad power-supply. Now I have to wait for the new power-supply before knowing if they were right or wrong. Sure wish I knew the factory error codes. :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dan W.

I read on a blog somewhere (I wish I can remember where) about this problem. It's an input power problem, perhaps. You might have an outlet that's not properly grounded. I think the set can detect an ungrounded condition & it shuts itself down.

Hope this helps.

Ron

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine has unexpectedly shut down ONCE- about a week after I got it (and about 1 week ago). It blinked 11 times. Powered down and up- never seen a problem since.

I know that does not help you much directly.... but I think the number of blinks means something...

·
Registered
266 Posts
hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky_Mark896

This problem is just the guide trying to update itself. Go into the guide setup, and tell it not to update, and put 0000 in for your zipcode. Then set the clock to be set manually. This fixed the problem on my 6070.

This is from a senior member in the thread on the pioneer blinking light shutdown

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hollywood,

Appreciate the attempted offer of help, but note that I have a "red" blinking LED not the "blue" blinking LED which is associated with the guide trying to update itself.

You see, I also own a PDP-5070HD and was well aware of the guide update problem. A 00000 zip code was the first thing I did to the PDP-6010FD when I powered it up the first time.

Thanks,

Dan

UPDATE: service techs were just here and took a look at my set and proclaimed the issue to be a bad power-supply, but I don't have 100% confidence in their diagnosis as my red-blinking LED error code didn't exactly match what they were expecting as an indication of a bad power-supply. Now I have to wait for the new power-supply before knowing if they were right or wrong. Sure wish I knew the factory error codes. :-(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After more searching and stumbling upon a better combination of search terms, I found the following buried in "The Official Pioneer 8G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf57 /forum/post/12577207

See if you can identify a repeating pattern in the flashes, eg., 1 to 15 flashes followed by a pause and then 1 to 15 flashes (identical number as in the first set).

FYI:

PD/SD

Item

No. of LEDs

flashing

Red

LED Display Information

Red 2 POWER

Red 3 SCAN

Red 4 SCN-5V

Red 5 Y-DRIVE

Red 6 Y-DCDC

Red 7 Y-SUS

Red 8 ADRS

Red 9 X-DRIVE

Red 10 X-DCDC

Red 11 X-SUS

Red 12 DIG-DCDC

Red 15 UNKNOWN

Blue

Panel section

Blue 1 SQ_LSI

Blue 2 Communication with the module IIC

Blue 3 DIGITAL-RST2

Blue 4 Panel high temperature

MTB section

Blue 5 Audio/ Short-circuit SP terminal

Blue 6 Communication with the Module UCOM

Blue 7 Main 3-wire serial communication

Blue 8 Main IIC communication

Blue 9 Communication with the Main UCOM

Blue 10 FAN

Blue 11 Unit high temperature

Blue 12 Digital Tuner communication

Blue 13 MTB-RST2/RST4

Blue 14 Home Media Gallery

Blue 15 Main EEPROM

Now if I can only figure out what "ADRS" stands for...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SharonL,

By entering the non-existent area code of 00000, you are disabling the TV Guide so that it won't try to update itself.

Dan W.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts