AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any information on this unit? I hear its a new model that PIO will be releasing that has the integrated tuner & video card. I saw one thread in this forum on this model, but I'm not sure if its the same model since my 'buyer' mentioned that its a new offering and that post was from last year.

thanks for any info.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the buyer said the unit was 'so new' there wasn't any info on the website. i agree w/ you, but i'll ping him just to be sure. thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Curiouser and Curiouser.

Here another retailer listing the PDP-4300 .

So using Google, we can only come up with two retailers that list the Pioneer PDP-4300 in their catalogs.

Pioneer's site does not list this model.

So now I want to know:

Did these retailers jump the gun and publish specs for a yet-to-released Pioneer display???

Why are there no pictures of the display?

Has anyone ever dealt with profeel.com (Profeel Marketing, Inc. in Monsey, NY) or proactiveelectronics.com (ProActive Electronice in Charleston,SC)?

Can some of our professional retail friends comment on this -- without jepordizing their relationship with the manufacturer, of course. Some sort of statement like 1) they have no knowledge of this product, or 2) they are not allow to talk about forthcoming products from Pioneer. Some nice neutral statement pregnant with implications. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Secret product information doesn't get into the channel until it's pretty close to a release date, so be patient, you'll find out for sure if this is anything soon enough.

With that said, it's probably a typo, that was meant to be PDP-4330.

-dwx

·
Registered
116 Posts
Time will tell what it's all about if anything.

I don't think it's a typo because at least on the profeel site they list both the 4300 and the 4330 with some minor differences. No pics though.

Neither model looks to be worth the extra $ over the pdp-433cmx. I just wanna know is pioneer releasing new models? Will the cmx line (43" and 50") get further price discounts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got some 'funny money' rolled into my mortgage where i have to buy a/v equipment thru the Buyer and he tells me he can't buy the 433cmx, so either i buy one out of my own pocket, or I get the PDP4300 (if it really exists) or any other non-commercial brand. it bites I know.

I'll be patient and keep watching and looking for it.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It does exist... I saw one of the pre-release models that a local retailer had got their hands on.

Here is the thread relating my experiences with it. In the end I backed out of it because of the lack of DVI support (not necessarily HDCP) for a HTPC connection.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=4300

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steakdaddy
I've got some 'funny money' rolled into my mortgage where i have to buy a/v equipment thru the Buyer and he tells me he can't buy the 433cmx, so either i buy one out of my own pocket, or I get the PDP4300 (if it really exists) or any other non-commercial brand. it bites I know.

I'll be patient and keep watching and looking for it.
If DVI isn't an issue, then it was pretty close to the 433CMX.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hello all

Over here in the UK we are expecting to see an all new 'revised' HDE line up (that's the models with the external Media Box) later this summer - I believe most of the 'revisions' are going to be in the Media Box connectivity.

We already have the current HDE models with a slightly revised Version 2 R03 Media Box (now produced in-house at Pioneer) - its now got a slimmer remote, and Digital Noise Reduction circuitry previously only available on the MXE range.

There are no plans I know of for any new MXE models until early next year - other than we will possibly see the PDP-433MXE available with a Silver bezel from around Oct/Nov 03; we already have that option available on the PDP-503MXE.

Trust this helps.

Joe

The Media Factory - UK Home Cinema dealer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.