AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dell offers the pioneer pdp503cmx with a video card for around 7 grand.Does anyone know if the video card they offer has a tuner set up?If not has anyone used the other video card pioneer offers for about 700 and the difference between the two?Does the pdp 503 come with an amplifier and speaker terminals to hitch up some speakers? In conclusion is this unit with the provide video card a good deal for a 50 inch plasma?

·
Registered
360 Posts
To date, to my knowledge, the included video card Dell provides is the Pioneer PDA-5002.

Keep an eye on the Dell site. They change their discounts regularly and most folks around here recently have acquired the package for closer to $6k.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
1. No Tuner provided with the PDA-5002. You will need a outside source unless you buy the Aurora Card.

2. Yes the Pio 503CMX has a internal AMP and terminals for attachable (or other) speakers.

3. The consensus on this board says, "YES", its a good deal.

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Mattg3,

Dell also offers the Aurora TVP-1000 (Scaler card with Hi-res PIP and a TV Tuner). Although it is not shown on their website you can order the TVP-1000 over the phone. The Dell SKU # is TVP-1000.

Thanks,

Michael Ferrer
[email protected]

·
Registered
996 Posts
Wow! I have learned something new. I own the 503CMX but did not know that it had an internal AMP. I saw speaker connections and volume on remote so should have guessed.

It would seem like it is worthless unless you buy attached speakers. Otherwise you need to wire into plasma and then back out to the speakers. Creates tricky wiring.

-Jym-

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Ive now started lurking around the dell site looking for deals

·
Registered
27 Posts
I paid 5880.00 and should be getting mine from dell on Thursday. I think it is a pretty good deal since it includes the extra year warranty and the 5002 card.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's thursday morning. If you go to the dell small business site, click on peripherals, monitors, plasma, you'll see they offer the 503 for 6,226.16, with the 5002 and the extra warranty.

Unfortunately, when you add it to your cart, it goes in at 6,917.95.

This discount coupon is good for 15%:

72CAD81454CE

I tried it and it works (I received it in an email from Dell).

I already have a 503 from Dell (LOVE IT!). My order was somewhat screwed up and I ended up working with a Rep on the phone. He works only in peripherals, and was very helpful. I can provide his name, but I should imagine any peripheral rep will work fine.

I am nearly positive someone could call a peripherals rep, and they will honor the 6226 price, then apply the coupon bringing the price to 5,292.10.

You'll pay some shipping, I think it is only $70. This is around the price that many of us got about 6 weeks ago when there was a flurry on this forum.

Someone try it and let us know if it worked. If you are on the fence about plasma (and the 503) take it from me (former fence sitter), jump and prepare to have your expectations exceeded.

JustBob.

·
Registered
155 Posts
JustBob,

great info!

I tried your way below, unfortunately it didn't quite work that way (close enough though).

the 6226 price reflects a 10% discount which is indeed shown when you add the Pio503 to your cart. The cart shows the original 6900+ price and then a 10% discount below it.

Applying your coupon takes another 5% off, for a total discount of $1003.10

No shipping charges.

I'll look for a stackable 5% coupon tonight to offset the taxes, if it get one I'll definitely go for it, otherwise I'll wait for the next home/homeoffice deal.

thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Peter, you have a typo, it is 15%, not 5%. You already knew that, I'm just pointing it out for others. And I did just try again and now it is applying the 10% discount. Seriously this morn it just wouldn't work. I'm going to buy two LCD's with this discount. I even had another guy here at work try it, it was broken.

I did try the 5% stackable from apex but it wasn't applicable to this purchase.

Good luck.

Bob.

·
Registered
155 Posts
no, unfortunately it's not a typo.

Without any coupons, I get 10% off today (12/5) on the SB section.

After applying your coupon, it gave me another 5% off ($391) the purchase.

Total savings $1003 (+$70 for free shipping)

without calculating tax, it comes out to something like $5930

do you see something different? Let me know because I've been waiting for the right time to buy...for a long time :)

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now all I need is my dell email coupon

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just tried again - exactly as I showed above, entered the coupon DA3BAF3A8B0E and it computed these discounts:

Discounts and Coupons Total

You saved 15% off your online order as a valued Dell Small Business e-mail customer. -$933.92

Buy now and as a valued Dell Small Business customer, save 10% on select software and peripherals. -$691.79

For a price of 5,292 before any shipping tax.

Are you sure you went in through the small business link from the home page? Bob.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Jutbob,

It works well and you get both the discounts. In small business section however, you have to pay taxes which adds again.

But still a decent deal for sure,

Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess today is not my day, cart shows the discount but the coupon has been redeemed when you try to process the order...

thanks for the info though, greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Just tried the Dell deal and found that by going through the home section you get the 15%. By adding "JustBob"s" coupon number listed toward the beginning of this thread Dell offers an additional 5% if you go through small business. So if your sales tax is higher than 5%, go through "home", if it's less than 5%, go through small business.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.