AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay down to the wire (i think).Ive decided on a 50 because of the wow factor but which 50?Lots on the pdp503 but little on the forum about the panny 50 but so much about the panny 42 that i feel guilty no going for it.So HELP which is the best 50 for mostly dvd and cable non-hd broadcasts?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
They are both good with DVDs, but I give a slight advantage to the Panasonic for SD signals. The Panasonic presents a more smoother picture. You can't go wrong with either. It may come down to what features do you like and what are your needs- pricing, hook-ups, upgradeability, etc.

Dave

·
Registered
996 Posts
They Panny has better contrast, equal color. Some think the Pio has better color but I don't see it. I think the Panny has a slight better overal picture.

I purchased the Pio because of price and connectivity.

-Jym-

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't see big differences between the 50" Panasonic and Pioneer models. I do, however, think that the 42" Panasonic, particularly the HD, has much better contrast and better performance generally that the Pio.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Im still trying to flip the coin and pioneer and dell are pushing me in that direction.It was that damn pdp5030 in best buy that started all this and i wish someone around here had a panny 50 on display

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.