AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the list from top to bottom in regard to Pioneer Kuro panel quality? For example, 101 on top of the 6020 etc. Best Pioneer panel to the bottom grade Pioneer panel

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ignoring size, best is 101fd/500m and worst is 4280.

The 4280 Kuro is still better than every non-Pioneer plasma, to put things in perspective.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_87 /forum/post/18275751

Ignoring size, best is 101fd/500m and worst is 4280.

The 4280 Kuro is still better than every non-Pioneer plasma, to put things in perspective.

Oh, I don't know about the 4280 actually being better than ANY other non-Kuro plasma. Inaccurate color, low resolution, limited controls, surprisingly poor screen uniformity, more visible dithering, small, etc. The black levels were good, but don't the new Panasonics match the 8G Kuro blacks, at least before they start to rise?

·
Registered
803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisherbert /forum/post/18275881

Oh, I don't know about the 4280 actually being better than ANY other non-Kuro plasma. Inaccurate color, low resolution, small...

Well, I said I was ignoring size

Anyway, 4280 loses to 42" panny plasmas in terms of resolution, and the 42g25 in THX mode will probably be more accurate as well, but other than that, the 4280 has much inkier black levels, processing, and a superior AR filter.

·
Registered
803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisherbert /forum/post/18275881

Oh, I don't know about the 4280 actually being better than ANY other non-Kuro plasma. Inaccurate color, low resolution, limited controls, surprisingly poor screen uniformity, more visible dithering, small, etc. The black levels were good, but don't the new Panasonics match the 8G Kuro blacks, at least before they start to rise?

They do. They actually matched them even last year on the bigger models. But who cares if it only lasts for a few months? After black level tripling, these panasonic plasmas are merely on par with samsung black levels, or even worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts