AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice vintage Pioneer system SA-9500 II, TX-9500 II, CT-F850, SR-303, RG-2 and SG-9800. My main speakers are 200w HPM-100's. I have tried adding HPM 60's and 40's to bring out more highs to my system, but I wasn't very pleased with their ranges. I am now using Polk Audio M5JR series II speakers with SL-2500 tweeters and find that I now have a much fuller range of frequencies and tones.

I'd like to hear from others, what might have been a better choice?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a Pioneer SA-8100 and TX-7100 (circa mid 70's) with a pair of Polk RT-38's in my workshop. Love the sound and that 7100 tuner will pick up FM stations that my Pioneer Elite HT receiver can't touch. Gotta love that vintage Pio stuff!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, nothing beats the silver faced Pioneer. I bought my first set while stationed in Japan in the late 70's. Now I'm putting a set together that I will be able to keep. I expect it to work just as well for another 40 years. No sure I can say the same for myself though. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.