AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off of the phone with our POWERBUY dealer, he told me that the 10 units he preordered will all be arriving at the same time! The units will be in this week and will ship out to all of us this week as well. So, all of you thinking you would be receiving your units on the "second shipment" should be pleasantly surprised and watching your new sets by this weekend, hopefully. He also said that the wall mounts for the Fujitsu 5002's also arrived so, if you own one that you bought through the powerbuy, give him a call. One final note: according to my Pioneer source, the wall mounts for the 505 and 502 also work and fit perfectly on the new Pioneer units.

·
Registered
925 Posts
ericbee - do we know if these ten are all pre-sold?

doody.

·
Super Moderator
21,435 Posts
ericbee: that is really good news- Thank you

Mark

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My local dealer is getting just one this week and can be mine. I am interested in cancelling my powerbuy order, but don't want to lose the deposit. I haven't spoken with the powerbuy dealer yet, but if someone is interested in the unit I have on order (one of the first), please let me know. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To interested members, a few of the 10 units coming in are still available. I believe the PB took out about 7 or 8 and he ordered a few extra for any other interested customers or forum members.

To the best of my knowledge, the PRO does not come with a stand and no Pioneer plasma has ever shipped with any stand, it has always been optional.

SDF: is your local price cheaper than the powerbuy price? If so, cancel the PB order but, I cannot imagine a local dealer charging the same price and NOT charging you nearly $1000 in tax. In either case, why don't you see who gets theirs in first and then deal with it at that time.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Before cancelling the powerbuy, I had the local dealer fax me the proposal which included calibration, stand, tax and delivery. The price we had agreed on over the phone from 2 weeks ago suddenly jumped by $700. Surprise! I'm sticking with the powerbuy, unless he isn't shipping my unit in the next week or so.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
OK, thanks... I will call the dealer tomorrow..hope he also ordered the PDWB-5003 wall mounts.

MAB

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The PB dealer has said each of the last 3 weeks that they are a week away. Waiting for my local dealer is looking better (who by the way got back to his lower quoted price).

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My order date was 9/20. I haven't approached the PB dealer about cancelling, but my understanding is that you are entitled to cancel any order (from anyone) for a full refund should the item not be shipped within 30 days. He will not be shipping this by Saturday.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Update:

The PB dealer just called me and said 6 units will be in next Tuesday and mine will be airfreighted out that day. No chance to go with the local guy as the PB dealer has pre-paid the units and wouldn't let me cancel. I guess the good news is I should have mine by the end of next week, and the NY guys by next Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i just got similar info as sdf777 from my PB dealer who will receive 6 units monday; NYC recipients will see theirs on Tuesday.

I asked him if eric's was in the shipment and he said "Oh my God, he calls me twice a day...it is."

yippee!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ericbee and Pro power buy team,

I saw the Pro at LaseLand today for $ 15,000. Congratulations for all you that bought the amazing Plasma. Panny 42" was close to the Pionner Elite Pro (the Elite log in the Frame) and I would buy the Pro if the money was not an issue.

It is hard to find the Panny 42" to buy (6 weeks to delivery) and the Pro is ....

I am accepting donations to buy the Pro ( only the double of Panny 42"). :D

MoocaT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.