AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the two models. There's about a $1300 price difference. Is it worth it for the 1080p? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I guess the extra cash will be worth it in the end. Oner more question...Are there any major changes with the 2008 Pioneers?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstaff /forum/post/12848673


Thanks! I guess the extra cash will be worth it in the end. Oner more question...Are there any major changes with the 2008 Pioneers?

They are not giving much info right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I have a Panny 700U that I bought last month and really should have purchased the Pioneer based on what I saw, but didn't. Anyway, is it worth the loss to buy the Elite? Any thoughts?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstaff /forum/post/12848828


Thanks for the info. I have a Panny 700U that I bought last month and really should have purchased the Pioneer based on what I saw, but didn't. Anyway, is it worth the loss to buy the Elite? Any thoughts?

Only you can determine that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Ok, now I'm torn. Ordered the 1150HD, but can still switch to the 110FD. Watch mostly blue-ray and hd-dvd and sit about 10 feet in a controlled lighting environment. Can't move any closer. Driving me nuts. Yes I could spend the extra dollars, but only if I could really see a benefit. Also have the wife factor to consider. If 5-8 feet is too close for the 1150, does 10 feet make any more of a difference? Thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer6871 /forum/post/12849142


Ok, now I'm torn. Ordered the 1150HD, but can still switch to the 110FD. Watch mostly blue-ray and hd-dvd and sit about 10 feet in a controlled lighting environment. Can't move any closer. Driving me nuts. Yes I could spend the extra dollars, but only if I could really see a benefit. Also have the wife factor to consider. If 5-8 feet is too close for the 1150, does 10 feet make any more of a difference? Thanks.

Are you saying you cant move closer because it gets worse?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess the other factor is how long you plan on keeping the TV. If Pioneer comes out with some ground breaking technology in the next couple years and you want to upgrade, is it worth spending the cash on the 1080P now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstaff /forum/post/12849295


I guess the other factor is how long you plan on keeping the TV. If Pioneer comes out with some ground breaking technology in the next couple years and you want to upgrade, is it worth spending the cash on the 1080P now?

You sit too close so you have to have 1080p whether it's Panny, Sammy or Pioneer only you can decide.

What's wrong with PZ700 that you want to replace it already?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I too have narrowed my search down to either the 1150hd or 110FD. While I love the 1150's price, the 1080p on the 110FD sure is pretty. My living room is set up with my lazy boy about eleven feet away from my TV. At that distance, would the 110 really seem that much better? Because I'd love to be able to justify not spending the extra money for 1080p. However, I only use my TV for movies, would the 1150 have issues with Blu-ray?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstaff /forum/post/12847951


I'm trying to decide between the two models. There's about a $1300 price difference. Is it worth it for the 1080p? Thanks.

If you plan on buying a Blu-ray disc player someday, the answer is yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity /forum/post/12849628


If you plan on buying a Blu-ray disc player someday, the answer is yes.

At 5' to 8' I would say yes, at 10' I would say no, regardless if you are buying a bluray or not.


Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInvision /forum/post/12849229


Are you saying you cant move closer because it gets worse?

I could, but it's a wraparound couch and my wife dosen't like it moved all the time. She already thinks I nuts for all the money I have sunk into this hobby.


Went back and measured and it actually came out to 8 feet. Thinking it may be worth it after all based on the comments, given that my blue/hd movie collection totals about 150 and I view in a dark environment. If I don't there will always be that doubt in the back of my mind that I made the wrong decision. Thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer6871 /forum/post/12852125


I could, but it's a wraparound couch and my wife dosen't like it moved all the time. She already thinks I nuts for all the money I have sunk into this hobby.


Went back and measured and it actually came out to 8 feet. Thinking it may be worth it after all based on the comments, given that my blue/hd movie collection totals about 150 and I view in a dark environment. If I don't there will always be that doubt in the back of my mind that I made the wrong decision. Thanks.

Oh I see you have not taken delivery yet. Well I think you answered your own question
Either way I think you really will be happy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer6871 /forum/post/12852125


I could, but it's a wraparound couch and my wife dosen't like it moved all the time. She already thinks I nuts for all the money I have sunk into this hobby.

So does mine. But what do I do for entertainment anyway? Build PCs, watch TV & cruise the AVS Forum.


A 7-day cruise aboard "Liberty of the Seas" w/balcony stateroom can run upwards of $5000... I've done (7). A week @ WDW staying in a (2) bedroom suite @ the Beach Club Villas can cost many $$$$. Check out the cost of DVC membership these days. Supplementing your elderly in-laws meager income so they can afford to remain in their home w/health care and prescription drug costs
these days.


you get my drift...


even BIG boys like their toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer6871 /forum/post/12852125


Went back and measured and it actually came out to 8 feet. Thinking it may be worth it after all based on the comments, given that my blue/hd movie collection totals about 150 and I view in a dark environment. If I don't there will always be that doubt in the back of my mind that I made the wrong decision. Thanks.

Take my advice, go 1080p and don't look back... I've got ~$13,000 (50PX50U & PRO-150FD) invested into this "hobby" and can assure you that you will not be disappointed. 720p displays will eventually go the way of their 480p predecessors... into obsolescence.


Why spend $$$$ for "old" technology.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top