AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer tech coming out on Wednesday to look at the PRO-FHD1 but i wanted to see if anyone here has seen this issue with any other Plasma TV's.

Couple days ago i went to turn on the TV and it took nearly 15 minutes for the image to appear. For a while there i saw flashes of colors and then right before it turned on i saw what looked to be a ghost or outline of the image that finally showed up.

It did this again yesterday, but today it turned on in the morning fine and then did the same 5-15 minute flashing etc in the afternoon.

I don't want to be without any insight when the tech gets here so i figured i would post a question here and maybe some others more intelligent in electronics than i am can help me with maybe possible issues that are causing this.

Once the screen is on it seems fine, it only seems to be at startup. It's a shame to me for the amount of money this screen cost me that its already having issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
PSXBatou:

(mine doesn't do that. I turn it on/standby several times a day because it's only a second or two to do it.)

How's the voltage ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementBob /forum/post/0

PSXBatou:

(mine doesn't do that. I turn it on/standby several times a day because it's only a second or two to do it.)

How's the voltage ?

My voltage is fine, that was one of the first questions Pioneer asked me. I even tried the tv on a totally different circuit and it behaved the same way.

We shall see what they say tomorrow i guess.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
This post is just information, not a recommendation. i.e. it may not apply to you.

Did you measure the voltage with a volt meter? Or just move it to another circuit?

You say the problem is intermitent -- sometimes it works at normal speed, and sometimes there is a delay. If you don't have kids, you could leave the voltmeter pluged in all the time whenever you turn the set on, and see if the voltage drops as you turn it on, or is low/high before you turn it on.

Another alternative is something that displayes the voltage all the time for you, and corrects overvoltage and undervoltage, such as
http://www.tripplite.com/products/pr...productID=3193

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.