AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that everyone gets tired of all of the 'this or that' threads, but I'm really in a tough spot here.

My previous HDTV was a Toshiba 57HX81 that I had ISF calibrated and have always loved the picture on...Ihad to let it go do to difficulty in removing it from the basement it was located in.

I've looked at the Sony 55wf655 and the new 55A20, the Toshiba 84 and 85 series DLP's, the Panasonic 50DL54, the JVC 56G786 etc...

Each set seems to have its drawbacks...and I'm in a fairly large room where I CAN handle the size of a CRT RPTV...

The pixelation during motion on most signal feeds I've seen has been a bit of a problem with the DLP's I've viewed....the black level performance and some graininess has held me back from the LCD's....

My local dealer who I've worked with in the past has acces to 1 PRO630HD still NIB...and the price is right since it's a sell off....

Is there any reason to shy away from the big Pioneer or should I grab it while it's there?

(I'm aware of the green lines some have experienced, but reports indicate that the latest fix has indeed eliminated the issue)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If you already had a crt rptv and were happy with it, I would say go for it. However, if light control is an issue, a micro-display might be a better choice.

Good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's where the dilemna comes in a bit....the brightness of the microdisplays is attractive...but the artifacts I've seen on the microdisplay sets are a little distracting..especially when motion is involved....

·
Registered
337 Posts
My friend you have to go with what will make you happy. HOWEVER, if it were up to me... that 630 would already be in my living room!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The installers are measuring my entryway and stairs to make sure that it will fit first...if all looks good then I'm thinking that indeed I will grab the 630....if there's a problem I may have to wait a couple months and seewhat the next generation of displays look like when the infois released at CEDIA....

I was hoping to have a set in before start of the NFL regular season, but if the 630 doesn't work out it loks like I may miss a week or two...especially since I still don't know which microdisplay I'd go with...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.