AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my display for just over 3 weeks, and up to now have been thrilled with it. But.. I was watching an episode of something which had a blast scene, and there was major pixelation. I also noticed artifacts on a aerial scene of tall buildings - Is this to be expected? I have a couple of days left before I can exchange the unit, but don't want to go thru the hassle if it won't fix the problem.

Also, I could of sworn that I saw a pro940hd forum, but can't find it in the index, so I hope it is ok to post this here.

Thanks,

Dean

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I can almost guarantee that this is a problem with the source, not the display. Were you watching OTA network TV on a channel that multicasts, or perhaps something on Directv that is heavily 'compressed'? That would be my 'guess'.

Bish

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmargole /forum/post/0

I've had my display for just over 3 weeks, and up to now have been thrilled with it. But.. I was watching an episode of something which had a blast scene, and there was major pixelation. I also noticed artifacts on a aerial scene of tall buildings - Is this to be expected? I have a couple of days left before I can exchange the unit, but don't want to go thru the hassle if it won't fix the problem.

Also, I could of sworn that I saw a pro940hd forum, but can't find it in the index, so I hope it is ok to post this here.

Thanks,

Dean

I too can almost guarantee that this problem is source related. Right now, I'm having similar problem w/my local cable co. Brighthouse. Ticks me off to no end as this problem is a recently developed one, and now I'm checking into other sources, namely satelite, to remedy Brighthouse's compressed HD-Lite sorry-as*ed video signal. These guys are trying to cram to many widget services down their limited bandwidth pipe. Any suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.