AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do I see a lot less refurbished pioneer receivers, and the others have their own store a4l Just Asking

·
Registered
964 Posts
My refurbished Marantz receivers from ac4l (and BR, cd players) were repackaged. All good as new though. My refurb Yamaha receiver, also from ac4l, appeared to be in the original box. I've seen refurbed Pioneers on sale from some place in Southern California (UnitedAudio?) on ebay marketed as factory refurbished. I'm not sure if they're an authorized dealer. Probably not. Doesn't mention them on Pioneers website.

H/K seems to sell their refurbs on their ebay store.

I would hope Pioneer doesn't doesn't re-package their refurbs as new (I doubt they are). That would be wrong. Really wrong.

·
The Village Idiot
9,627 Posts
My refurbished Marantz receivers from ac4l (and BR, cd players) were repackaged. All good as new though. My refurb Yamaha receiver, also from ac4l, appeared to be in the original box. I've seen refurbed Pioneers on sale from some place in Southern California (UnitedAudio?) on ebay marketed as factory refurbished. I'm not sure if they're an authorized dealer. Probably not. Doesn't mention them on Pioneers website.

H/K seems to sell their refurbs on their ebay store.

I would hope Pioneer doesn't doesn't re-package their refurbs as new (I doubt they are). That would be wrong. Really wrong.
HK also sells refurbished items on their own outlet site along with new stuff too. I think they have an agreement in place with their vendors to sell only refurbished items at less than MSRP. I bought a 'refurbished' HK 3390 receiver from them about 4-5 years ago that came in the retail box with everything packaged up nice and neat just like you'd expect a new receiver to look like. It still had plastic on the display window. If that was refurbished I'll eat my hat! They must have had a real backlog of new 3390's that needed clearing out. I paid $120 shipped for it. I'd do that again! I sold it for $150 shipped after using it for 3-4 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts