AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer Elite VSX 36TX. I'm having problems getting 5.1 sound from my HD-100 satelite receiver. I tried it on Band of Brothers. The receiver said that all five speakers were receiving a source, but only the front 2 were working...

Also when I switch DSP's, they all sound the same. And that sound has a bad echo... Are they all supposed to sound like this?

Anyone out there have some tweaks for this receiver?

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you using an Optical or Coax connection for your sat reciever to you a/v reciever. I have the Elite VSX-24TX and have a some what simular problem with my Dish Network PVR 501 optical output, but my problem only occurs when going for a DD channel to a non DD channel and only getting the two front channels and I have to change to another DSP to get sound back to all channels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I to figure out this problem with another person on the DBSforums but no one had a solution. The other person had a Denon reciever so I came to the conculsion on my own that it had some thing to do with the digital stream that the opitcal cable carried and since your have DTV and I have Dish. It must be with the optical imput and the way it switches between DPL and DD. I wish I had a real scientific answer for you so we could both fix our problem. Hopefully we'll get some ideas on what to do.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrsupreme01:

Someone on the HDTV hardware forum was having the same problem. This was his solution

"Thanks to some hints from Stanton it appears that I solved the problem. I did not have a video-in (RCA) cable connected from the TV to the Amp, since I have component video from the HD100 to the TV and optical audio from from the HD100 to the amp, I figured it wasn't necessary. But apparently the amp. uses the video input signal as an indication to switch to DD5.1. Doesn't sound very intuitive but I guess thats how it works. Thanks for the help."

I'm not sure how to use this for my setup. I dont use an amp.

Do I need to have a connection going out of the tv into the receiver? And is this going to be a video or audio connection? Where would it go on the receiver?

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What he is saying is that, is you will have to send a Video signal to your reiciever. I would have never thought of that, as a solution but I'll have to try it tonight to see if it works. When you say you dont use your amp what do you mean by that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, yeah just run a RCA for video into the back of the reciever and tell me if it fixes your problem. I get off work at 2:30pm (CST) and I will post a message a soon as I get a chance to test his theory. I hope this works.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was just wondering did it work for you, I tested it last night but Im not sure if it worked or now its just hbo. Im going to do some more testing tonight, so let me know if it worked for you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked my wiring and I already had it setup where audio/video were connected on the tv/receiver. I remember doing this so that I could watch cable as well as satelite...

I played with the setup last night and I got it to work. The ending solution was using the "speaker select" button. My receiver defaults to AB (ie both speaker set A and B). When I changed this to just A, it worked without a problem. Took me forever to figure that out though...

Thanks a lot for all of your help. Appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.