AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 47tx receiver, 47ai dvd, and just added a dvl 919 LD player, all pioneer. The remote on the LD turns on the LD and DVD player and vice versa.

I'm new and searched the forums but did not find anything so I'm sorry if it has been addressed before.

Can the remote code on one be changed?

(I also posted this on the DVD forum)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd recommend the MX-800, so that you can address the signal via IR-emitter to each device seperately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, David. I'm a newbie with remotes so I don't understand how it would work if both components have the same code. The Pioneer remote (from the TX 47 receiver) seems pretty sophisticated and I have not been able to get that to solve the problem.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
With the MX-800, you have an RF base station with six individually addressable wired IR emitters that stick on each component at its IR eye. You can set the remote to send RF only, which it does to the base station, which then sends individual IR output for each component. Then, when you operate one of the two components, only that component "sees" the IR from its emitter. The other component will not be receiving anything.

As far as you Pioneer remote is concerned, the MX-800 can duplicate every button on that remote and each one can be properly labeled as well. If you want to see how it all works, download the MXEditor program and programming manual from our website or hometheatermaster.com and check it out before you make any purchase decision.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gesundheit and Mike. I will go over the manual and read the various posts from users; so far it looks like the solution if it's not too complicated to use once it is properly programed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's not complicated at all - you simply attach the small IR-emitters to the front of the devices, and then when programming tell the remote which emitter to use for each device. Drop me a line if you need any programming help. [email protected]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, David

I will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.