AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I've found the new receivers on the Pio website.


Curious - can anyone give their thoughts on the D3 amplifiers they are using? Also, it appears from the specs that Airplay can be used in Zone 2, while watching something else in Zone 1 (which I didn't think possible)...


Finally, has anyone seen these in the "wild" yet - i.e, do any stores have them yet???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags44 /forum/post/20769888


Finally, I've found the new receivers on the Pio website.


Curious - can anyone give their thoughts on the D3 amplifiers they are using? Also, it appears from the specs that Airplay can be used in Zone 2, while watching something else in Zone 1 (which I didn't think possible)...


Finally, has anyone seen these in the "wild" yet - i.e, do any stores have them yet???

No, but I'm going to Magnolia to compare some reference stuff on the SC-57 with Mythos ST speakers as soon as it comes in. I'm looking to upgrade our SC-27 currently powering the STs, and if the new Class D3 amps hold up it's a reasonable path to 3D and upstreaming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker /forum/post/20770443


No, but I'm going to Magnolia to compare some reference stuff on the SC-57 with Mythos ST speakers as soon as it comes in. I'm looking to upgrade our SC-27 currently powering the STs, and if the new Class D3 amps hold up it's a reasonable path to 3D and upstreaming.

I run the Best Buy on North Ave. We don't have it in yet but I'll let you all know as soon as we get it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcherboy78 /forum/post/20781450


Its schhhweeeeet! And i didnt pay a thing for it....well i had a SC-05 in for warranty repair and they were unable to fix it so they sent me out this as replacement.

Nice swap out..



Just a note about your baby..... carpet is a static magnet... be careful when placing AVR's on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,207 Posts
My god thats the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Compleatly devoid of any high end powerful look or feeling. looks like a $200 sony receiver.


So glade i bought the SC37 last week. You disgrace me pioneer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano /forum/post/0


My god thats the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Compleatly devoid of any high end powerful look or feeling. looks like a $200 sony receiver.


So glade i bought the SC37 last week. You disgrace me pioneer.

Nice way to make new owners feel good about their purchase.


Who cares what it looks like?


How does it sound?


While the videos on the Pioneer site are definitley from marketing, I expect the improvements in the D3 amps to push these AVR's to the next level.


I also think the reduction in MSRP might be due to the lack of the RF remote...... If that is so, they may be spending more on the actual thing that matters most.....


Sound quality.


I've owned the SC 09, SC 27,and SC 37........ I won't be surprised if this gives the SC 09 a run for the money based on my experiences with these models over the years.


I might give this a try with the RF remote. Should be killer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
The sound from this unit is superb. Clean and strong. Just as good if not better than the ICE amp in my SC-05 and it supposedly has better circuitry and cooling. The configuration options are great, whether 9.1 or 7.1, 5.1 bi amp and zone 2 or 5.1 zone 2 and 3, dual subwoofers. Overall i am very happy with this unit over my not so old SC-05.


It took Pioneer about two months to come to the conclusion that it was not going to get fixed. The place i took it to is a joke (didnt know that before i took it there) and a couple weeks in i started calling Pioneer to question this repair centers knowledge and skill. When i would talk to the tech it sounded like he had no clue what was wrong with it and expressed that concern to Pioneer.


BTW this unit looks just about the same as my SC-05 and even your SC-37 Saprano. The only difference are the stickers on the bottom front.


I was disappointed that it only has a front port for the Iphone/Ipod. I was hoping for a rear input so i could put a Ipod stand on my entertainment center and just attach/dettach the Ipod instead of leaving the front door open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/20786648


Nice way to make new owners feel good about their purchase.


Who cares what it looks like?


How does it sound?


While the videos on the Pioneer site are definitley from marketing, I expect the improvements in the D3 amps to push these AVR's to the next level.


I also think the reduction in MSRP might be due to the lack of the RF remote...... If that is so, they may be spending more on the actual thing that matters most.....


Sound quality.


I've owned the SC 09, SC 27,and SC 37........ I won't be surprised if this gives the SC 09 a run for the money based on my experiences with these models over the years.


I might give this a try with the RF remote. Should be killer.

Hello,

Interesting. I was thinking the main reason for the decrease is Pioneer no longer using the B&O ICE Power Modules combined with a Linear Power Supply.

Cheers,

AD
 

·
Registered
Onkyo TX-NR7100 (Have owned Yamaha,Denon, Pioneer)-Sony XBR-75X940E - Klipsch RP-280FA/CDT-5800-C II
Joined
·
327 Posts
Per my local Best Buy in the Bay Area.. both the SC-55 and SC-57 are in the warehouse and available for purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/20786648


Nice way to make new owners feel good about their purchase.


Who cares what it looks like?


How does it sound?


While the videos on the Pioneer site are definitley from marketing, I expect the improvements in the D3 amps to push these AVR's to the next level.


I also think the reduction in MSRP might be due to the lack of the RF remote...... If that is so, they may be spending more on the actual thing that matters most.....


Sound quality.


I've owned the SC 09, SC 27,and SC 37........ I won't be surprised if this gives the SC 09 a run for the money based on my experiences with these models over the years.


I might give this a try with the RF remote. Should be killer.

I care about both looks and SQ equally. If a AV product is going to sit in my cabinet it should at the least look good. The SC37 compliments my 151 beautifully. They both just scream "high end".


I didn't intend to to offend butcherboy78, or any new owner, in any way. Its just the way i feel.



The RF control on the 37 is real nice. While i run MCACC i sometimes take the remote with me in the kitchen to make a snack to see its progress.



Speaking of MCACC. I actually prefer it to audyssey besides the no sub EQ. But i'll be getting an AS EQ1 for that. Problem solved. I think the muffled sound people say they experience after MCACC is just the reduction of the reverb it tries to fix. I used 30-50ms and everything now sounds milky smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
I always thought their shiny finishes were a bit too much. It's all preferences I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano /forum/post/20786157


My god thats the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Compleatly devoid of any high end powerful look or feeling. looks like a $200 sony receiver.


So glade i bought the SC37 last week. You disgrace me pioneer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 /forum/post/20787099


^^

butcherboy


You should get the honors of starting the Owners SC-57/55 Thread

Do it since it looks like you are the 1st

Didn't mean to steal his thunder, but I started one... with only 16 posts, I figured he didn't want the hassle of keeping up with all of the maintenance that can happen with those kinds of threads.


But since he was first, I am more than happy to close mine down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
FM


Yours is fine! And a great start.

I thought he might want the bragging rights but the main thing is one got started



And yes, there is a time "obligation" to try to not let the thing die. I found that out



I think once these new SC's get out there, they'll be popular. The main thing that would interest me is NeoX.


Now that I'm thinking about it, there is one feature described in the manual I don't recognize from past models - Phase Control Plus....


Any idea what that's supposed to do differently than normal Full Band PC? I read what the manual says but I can't tell for sure what it does. Maybe to more time align all the speakers, be more like Audyssey??
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top