AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed the steps on the pioneer website to update the pioneer's software. downloaded the software. unzipped the files onto my USB. the pioneer shows that the update has been found, but when it starts to update i get UPDATE ERROR 6. what is that??? thanks!

·
Registered
10,232 Posts
my, large fonts! are you that upset?

this has been discussed in every, I mean every thread for every SC model. I realize you just joined to find an answer so I'll give it to you.

1. you MUST have the USB memory formatted as FAT32. even if it is already, do it again

2. you should not have ANY other files on it just to be sure, especially if the memory has a mfg supplied archiving software tool on it....re-formatting it removes this as potential issue

3. as a general rule doing receiver/player updates, you should not download the zipped file to the drive but to a PC, THEN unzip the files and only those files & without their parent folder, to the memory stick but some have done it with the zip file on the stick and say it worked. personally, I wouldn't do that. I believe in the purist approach of having nothing on the stick to confuse the updater. those who have not put the zip file on the stick seem to have more success.

4. the update process seems sensitive (for unknown or unexplained reasons) to either memory mfg, memory size or both.

I used a PNY 8GB and it worked perfectly 1st time on SC-68. others have tried 16 GB and gotten nowhere & some have had it work just fine. so it seems brand more than size is more of a factor. but smaller is probably better than larger.

if you follow steps 1-3 and still get the error message, try another brand, and no need to go to an expensive, hi data rate stick...in fact, plain jane, cheap ones with no archiver tool seem to be best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.