AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I care about is sound quality, especially Music. Willing to spend upto $2500 as long as I can hear the difference. I have the Polk RTI12 and Klipsch RF82 II. I have tried out the Yamaha A2020 and Pioneer SC-75 and liked the SC-75 better but returned them both thinking about upgrading. How much of an improvement is the SC-79 over the SC-75?

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
You wouldn't be likely to hear a difference between any of them with the DSP disabled. With it enabled there will be subtle differences between them but whether one is better than another is a subjective opinion, not a universal truth. The universal truth is that sound quality is in the speakers and room acoustics, not in the electronics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offense but not true. I have had and tested about 7 receivers with the same RTI12 speakers and certain receivers do make them sound better. For instance the Pioneer SC-75 made my speakers sound so much better than the VSX-1123 that it was obvious and I could not go back to the VSX-1123. So the difference was day and night between the two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts