AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming you could get both for the same price, ($600) which would you go for, and why? This will be used for 50/50 HT and music. I will be using an amp with it. Appreciate your thoughts on the matter!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter  /t/1524357/pioneer-sc1522-vs-arcam-avr360#post_24530854

Assuming you could get both for the same price, ($600) which would you go for, and why? This will be used for 50/50 HT and music. I will be using an amp with it. Appreciate your thoughts on the matter!

I would buy the Arcam so that I could sell it at a profit and then use the proceeds to buy the Pioneer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^So you're saying you prefer the sound of the Pioneer? Forget cost and pretend they are the last two receivers on earth.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I have no reason to believe there would be a sonic difference at all between them. I tend to avoid high end electronics because of natural bias I have against the high end audio industry. On the other hand I have used Pioneer products happily for years. I would still take the Pioneer.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I had an Arcam AVR 350 that was very good with music for a receiver.

If you indeed have a 50/50 Music/Movies distribution, and don't require all the extra features the Pioneer offer, the Arcam could be a better choice due to a probable better handling of music.

The pioneer has a lot more features, and will probably be more suited for movies than the Arcam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts