AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a package and would like some input. The complete package includes:

2 x RF-7II Towers

1 x RC-64II Center

2 x RS-62II Surrounds

2 x BIC Acoustech PL-200

1 x Each Denon AVR-X4000 or SC72

Will the x4000 or SC72 be enough for this setup?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
A less expensive AVR and a better sub will make more difference.

·
Banned
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62  /t/1520797/pioneer-sc72-or-denon-x4000-for-klipsch-rf-7-iis#post_24439297

A less expensive AVR and a better sub will make more difference.

Yes, that's true too. I would get at least a PB 12+ If you get a less expensive AVR with pre-outs, and an external amp, you should be set.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts

·
Premium Member
90,337 Posts
The X4000 has more than enough power for that speaker setup and takes the nod on subwoofer EQ using Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which can EQ the subwoofer and also has Audyssey Sub EQ HT (dual sub level/delay calibration) and comes with a 3 year warranty vice only 2 years on the Pioneer. If you plan on connecting a Zone 2, the X4000 can also route an independent HDMI PCM 2.0 signal to Zone 2 and optical/digital coax PCM 2.0 to Zone 3 as well.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

hmdi won't go any further then 10 meters unless it has a signal-booster between the cable. some do 15 meters but only thin wire cable will do 1080P on them and no 4k , so it renders zone stuff useless as these signalboosters are expensive. for the 400 u pay more on the denon you could get a nice svs sub and level the bass way better then any audyssey sub eq will be able to do.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

2 good subs would do nicely too. i find any audyssey but pro version lacking and alter the original sound to much, probably me.. 50' will get me as far as the other side of the livingroom... it does 4k ?

but on-topic.. both avr will have enough power to get the klipsch going.. more power will make em sound even better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts