Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have an opportunity to purchase a Pioneer SD-532HD5 for about $2600.00. The sales person said is was a returned unit because the original customer couldn't put up with a small defect in the base of the cabinet. One is reminded of the car salesman: " But Sir. It was driven by a little old lady to church only on Sundays!" Otherwise, it apparently works fine. Comes with the full guarantee etc. I'm going to audition it later in the week. My question is: What should I ask or look for in this returned unit? How should I go about "auditioning" it? What sort of strings should I be aware of?

I really don't want to go into this with a jaded altitude, but this is a fair amount of money to put down just on blind faith.

Thanks for your input. Anil Rao

·
Registered
830 Posts
If nothing else, make sure you check carefully for evidence of CRT burn damage from bright logos and excessive viewing of 4:3 material.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Anil Rao:

I really don't want to go into this with a jaded altitude, but this is a fair amount of money to put down just on blind faith.

Thanks for your input. Anil Rao[/b]
Your 'altitude' is just fine; it pays to be skeptical. For sure find out what their return policy is in case you don't like it either. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif JR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears I'm a little "high" on the thought of purchasing an HDTV. Sorry, that should read "atitude." Anil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.