AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can purchase the 413 series 48" Mits for $1750 before tax and delivery locally as well as the 55" Mits for $1999 before t/d. The Hitachi 51S500 can also be had for $2100 at my local Circuit City before t/d. I realize it is probably a good idea to purchase locally just in case something happens to the tv but the Walmart.com deal for the Pioneer 53" SD-533 has piqued my interest. $1878 before tax/shipping. I have gone back through the archives and found what there is to read on the Pioneer and it is obviously held in high regard. My question is since the Mits and Hitachi models are newer than the Pioneer, does the 533 still hold up PQ wise with the Mits and Hitachi? The set will be used mostly for DVD but I will also have Comcast HD. I would say overall 60% DVD 40% SD/HD broadcast. I'm not a gamer so 720P doesn't seem to enter into my equation. Which of these sets would you say has the best out of box PQ? I look forward to any suggestions.

Moe

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
It's a crapshoot which will have the best picture. There are more tweaks for the Mits and Hitachi. But if you don't plan to tweak it or have it calibrated (I don't believe the color decoder can be calibrated in this model), it likely will have the best picture OOTB.

Bigger is better. I read posts about buyers remorse from not going bigger, never from going too big. The Mits 55" is the best option IMHO.

...grammer and spelling corrected (9/22) :p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quote:
Bigger is better. I read post about buyers remorse from not going bigger, never from going to big.
Couldn't agree more.
Quote:
The Mits 55" is the best option IMHO.
If you're interested in the Pioneer 533, you can get it's "big brother" the 643 64" for only $200 more than what you quoted for the 55" Mitsu...

Back to bigger is better! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.