AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have this set. It is excellent. I purchased one on the web for 2800 about a year ago.

------------------

Mark Burke

·
Registered
490 Posts
It appears that Sam's dosn't allow you to link to pages inside their web site. They prefer that you come through the front door.

As the message states:
You will also get this message if you bookmark a page inside SAMSClub.com.

------------------

-Jr.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Slap a $700 DVDO iScan Pro on that puppy, and you've essentially got a $5800 Pioneer Elite 510HD for just $3200, don't you think?

-Abdul

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unfortunately, it appears the Pioneer SD-532HD5 is no longer available at Sam's Club. It was there early last evening but disappeared later in the night. It's not even listed when you go through a search for "Pioneer." Dang! He who hesitates is lost, I guess.

Hopefully, they're just temporarily out of stock and will-reinstitute that fantastic price if and when more arrive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, I guess i made up my mind just in time. I ordered mine just before that, (on the 8th) it shipped on the 10th and got it on the 15th. Less than 3000 delivered into my 3rd floor apt! Maybe i got the last one http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif And so far, i'm diggin the TV. I hope you are right though, i was debating between that and the 56H80, the price is what sold me. So hopefully they will have it again. I found it odd that they didn't carry it in their stores.

------------------

"I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack..."

·
Registered
943 Posts
My Sam's Club has the Toshiba 55H70 Theaterview model. They had the Pioneer earlier in the year, but when it sold out. they got in the Toshiba. It's $1995.00.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I also got mine for ~$2800 a year ago (last august) and have been very pleased with the set. Good luck to everyone in acquiring one of their own at such a great price!

FWIW: After 11 months of very frequent (hours daily) usage I've noticed very little convergence drift and also no perceptible brightness/burn-in issues whatsoever. The only thing I like more about the Toshiba is the ability to change sceen modes while in 480p or 1080i, which the pioneer doesn't do (only in NTSC/480i will it stretch/zoom/etc).

Jake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.