AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a pair of these speakers in good condition and they sound pretty decent. The spec. sticker on the back is missing so i don't have any info on the specs. I believe they were built sometime in the early 90's. I've searched google with no luck on finding the specs for these speakers. Do any of you guys maybe have any info on these that you can share?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep05  /t/1467814/pioneer-st-300-towers#post_23191730

I have come across a pair of these speakers in good condition and they sound pretty decent. The spec. sticker on the back is missing so i don't have any info on the specs. I believe they were built sometime in the early 90's. I've searched google with no luck on finding the specs for these speakers. Do any of you guys maybe have any info on these that you can share?

Thanks guys

Found these specs from an older thread. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1208275/pioneer-s-t300-speakers . Not knowing much about these, how do they measure up to today's standards?

the woofers are 7" cone and the tweeter is a 1" ceramic carbon dome type. Nominal impedance is 6 Ohms. Frequency range of 25 to 40k Hz. Sensitivity is 88dB/2.83V at 1m distance. Max power is 180W and rated power is 40W. Crossover frequency is 2000Hz.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty easy fix. A vacuum's suction comes in mighty handy at times. Light suction popped the centers back into the dome shape.
I'm still curious to know how these speakers measure up to today's speakers, being that i'm relatively novice when it comes to the specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.