• None is important to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
The internet radio would be good, but the upscalining and/or adjustment of HDMI input/output also needs to be adressed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yep, Internet radio, PQLS over HDMI and FLAC support is at the top of my list. Should be easy to fix (at least #1 & #3, fingers crossed for #2).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only 5 owners so far ? Where are the others ?

Pioneer has just implemented PQLS for HD multichannel formats in its new entry Elite BD player...

Maybe i can understant why Susano was left without PQLS (4 years old in design...) but BDP-09 which is a few months old could have had it...

I wonder why Pioneer left it out from BDP-09 together with SACD/DVD-AUDIO support

Vote for HD multichannel PQLS ...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
For 7k the thing should design its own firmware and update itself!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog /forum/post/15512105

For 7k the thing should design its own firmware and update itself!

Top comment !!!

As ss9001 has said to the official Susano thread, we should start asking Pioneer for upgrades..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the PRO - 151FD and SC-09TX both bought from an authorized dealer.

Firmware importance levels to Me:

10 HDMI Upscaling * - It has a QDEO, I Watch many DVDs and use HDMI!!!

10 HDMI PQLS * - I understand it has SRC but all your player have PQLS so...

09 MUCH larger numerical display of Volume - Do only I think they're are tiny?

08 FLAC support - Did everyone at Pioneer just forget about FLAC?

07 Multi HDMI display outs - Can you say screaming kids in the other room?

02 LCD picture over HDMI source would be nice, but not necessary.

* Things that need to be fixed before I would buy a BDP-09 or any Pioneer BDP. I would love to replace PS3 and Sony CDP-208ESD with one if they make a couple changes to the 09 series.

It's probably to late to ask for HD radio, huh? I guess they figured if you can dish 5k-7k for this your are a XM or Sirus subscriber.

I have been a Pioneer fan boy but this receiver has given me cold feet about buying anything else from Pioneer, but they could redeem themselves by making this Firmware upgrade, and making more sense with there product line ups.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaffren /forum/post/15520595

It's probably to late to ask for HD radio, huh? I guess they figured if you can dish 5k-7k for this your are a XM or Sirus subscriber.

Not an option over here in Europe either, No radio of any description, a seperate tunner is required.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicatt /forum/post/15522966

Not an option over here in Europe either, No radio of any description, a seperate tunner is required.

An XM mini tuner is like $50 bucks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A new full-color GUI will also be nice.

Except from FLAC support, I have noticed that SC-05 and 07 supports more streams and more quantization bitrates in WMA and LPCM (20 and 24 bits).

PS. DVD-A1UDCI is brand new and Denon already announce that AVP-A1HDCI will support Dlink 4.

From the Q&A :

Will the AVP-A1HDCI support Dlink 4?

Yes with future upgrade TBA..

Well done Denon : Future proof products, satisfied customers....

link : http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/t...non-dvd-a1udci

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to believe that Pioneer will listen to its flagship product buyers and we will have a new firmware soon...

Till now PQLS support and FLAC support together with HDMI upscale are the most wanted features....

However all the others features mentioned, are all nice to have.

We are waiting for announcements Pioneer......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find this poll very usefull and I expect quick response from Pioneer.

PQLS, FLAC and HDMI upconversion are must have features in my opinion...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does someone from Pioneer Electronics reads these posts or is it better all users start sending emails to their support ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
For FLAC support, unless you use USB memory, otherwise with a computer you can play FLAC files with Susano.

I use TVersity http://www.tversity.com , with DirectShow Filter http://www.xiph.org/dshow/ , as DLNA server, I can play FLAC files with Susano. TVersity will transparently, on-the-fly transcode FLAC to WAV before sending to Susano. And you can forget about the Susano playlists limit and build as many playlists as you want.

WF

·
Registered
10,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timos4 /forum/post/15530658

Does someone from Pioneer Electronics reads these posts or is it better all users start sending emails to their support ?

Pioneer USA's BD marketing manager, Chris Walker, occasionally visits the Pioneer BD player owner threads but I haven't seen anyone or any evidence of anyone from receiver div. participating. So....emails & calls are probably the best recourse.

I'm planning on calling Pioneer US tomorrow to give them input from here. Start with cust/tech support and eventually my hope is to get to the manager. I don't know his name but a friendly dealer I know may

ss9001

1 - 20 of 24 Posts